Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New member from down under

B34con

Country Flag
new_zealand
Hi all,

New member to the forum - glad to join the Land Cruiser family!

Would like to introduce myself to you all as Chris - from New Zealand
Your Cruiser: 1998 Toyota Land Cruiser Prado - 3.0L diesel Manual. 76xxx kms on the clock
Mods on your Cruiser: JVC Headunit - soon to be upgraded speakers, possibly amp/sub
Plans for your Cruiser: The condition of the truck is immaculate, I want to keep the truck looking as OEM as possible, a few creature comforts here and there, just to keep the technology up to date
4x4 Experience: nil..
Anything else you think is interesting or relevant: Looking forward to getting some help with a new kind of vehicle - my past vehicles have been MX5's, Silvias, Skylines so quite a change!

Thanks!
Truck.jpg

Hi Chris and welcome.. Nice looking Truck.. I spent many a year in NZ.. Great place, We have a few Kiwis on the Forum... Oh and remember a Prado doesn't corner like a Sky line.... Welcome Mate

Cheers - not such a bad country at times..!
It's just a little different from the Skyline - a little more relaxing to drive!

Lovely looking truck there, welcome aboard :thumbup:

Thanks for the welcomes :)

Small update - when I picked up the truck, it had the Japanese radio installed.. So I could listen to some very ghetto RNB or Talkback...
Now, I don't mind listening to Talkback, when I have other options.. So that had to be swapped out asap!

Have installed the JVC KW M750BT headunit (pictured below)

Head Unit.jpg
Next up is the speakers - just to "modernize" the car a little bit more, without going overboard!Speakers.jpg

Back