Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

new member glynoo

glynoo

Country Flag
great_britain
hi there guys
just joined your site I'm running a 65 plate invincible with 34k on the clock treated myself to it december after running a 07 amazon for a while I'm quite pleased with it fuel is a bit heavy 22/23 round town what do you guys get only other niggle getting comfy in the drivers seat can't seem to get backrest right any one else find the same

Excellent choice. Well done and welcome to the forum.
When I ran one, the best I ever got was 28.5 on a really long run, but urban driving should yield a bit more than 23 I'd have thought, but not much I have a Hilux with the 3.0 D4D in it and I get about 26. They really aren't the most refined engines but I guess that perhaps makes them less fussy and more reliable. You should certainly find that different fuels will affect your MPG. Supermarket fuel is the worst. I find that Shell and Esso give me better mpg. They don't drive any differently but certainly do extend my range on a long trip.

Excellent choice. Well done and welcome to the forum.
When I ran one, the best I ever got was 28.5 on a really long run, but urban driving should yield a bit more than 23 I'd have thought, but not much I have a Hilux with the 3.0 D4D in it and I get about 26. They really aren't the most refined engines but I guess that perhaps makes them less fussy and more reliable. You should certainly find that different fuels will affect your MPG. Supermarket fuel is the worst. I find that Shell and Esso give me better mpg. They don't drive any differently but certainly do extend my range on a long trip.
hi chris i normally use shell and once a month treat her to v power

Hmm, that's not brilliant is it. Well I guess it's not why we buy 4x4s.
Incidentally, there's no need to click quote when you respond glynoo. Just hit reply. It saves filling up the pages with repeats

Welcome, I have a 64 plate so one of the last 3.0 D4D engines. The consumption is a bit on the heavy side, I get worried when I see 21mpg on the trip computer after a refill, it normally sits around 19.5 to 20.5 ish on a normal weeks run. :lol:
I gets much better on long runs where it goes up into the high 20s to low 30s even when fully loaded.
I blame my consumption on a few factors, first would be the larger tires, then the roof rack and lastly is that after I drop the kids at school I then join the motorway as it starts climbing a hill and I can't help not to get to 70mph as soon as possible.

They aren't great with consumption but then I didn't buy it to safe fuel.

:lol::lol:

Back