Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New member intro

NickAU

Country Flag
australia
Hi everyone,
Heres my intro.
I've got a Troopcarrier that was originally campervan converted to a bushcamper by Britz when it was a new hire vehicle. I've now had it for 8 years.
Its a 2003 78 series with the stock 1HZ, just under 350,000km on the clock, of which 120,000 are mine.
We replaced the suspension, and added a lift, added dual rear wheel carrier/jack carrier/jerry can carrier
On-board air compressor
Winch
Recovery point hooks
Driving lights
Rear led reserving light strips.

We've taken it through Australia, including the Kimberly, west coast, great central road, finke, simpson desert, oodnadatta. More regularly we take it into the hills and forests of victoria, and into the desert parks.

Since it is a high top, some forest tracks can be challenging for overhanging branches, so we are considering a change to a pop top, with the V8. I'll be asking around for other's experience with the V8.

Cheers,
Nick

Welcome Nick to a great forum. However we would like pics to prove this intro isn't a work of fiction :lol:.

well nick it sounds like you will have some extensive knowledge to bring to the forum. So for that reason I will spare you a traditional welcoming insult what are your plans for the truck now that you have done almost everything possible with it..

Hi everyone,
Heres my intro.
I've got a Troopcarrier that was originally campervan converted to a bushcamper by Britz when it was a new hire vehicle. I've now had it for 8 years.
Its a 2003 78 series with the stock 1HZ, just under 350,000km on the clock, of which 120,000 are mine.
We replaced the suspension, and added a lift, added dual rear wheel carrier/jack carrier/jerry can carrier
On-board air compressor
Winch
Recovery point hooks
Driving lights
Rear led reserving light strips.

We've taken it through Australia, including the Kimberly, west coast, great central road, finke, simpson desert, oodnadatta. More regularly we take it into the hills and forests of victoria, and into the desert parks.

Since it is a high top, some forest tracks can be challenging for overhanging branches, so we are considering a change to a pop top, with the V8. I'll be asking around for other's experience with the V8.

Cheers,
Nick
Sounds like you have made some other members jealous already because you have a mans truck, you have upset the play ground. And welcome

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Ok ok, you twisted my arm. I hope these post ok
Still Fairly clean at the start of the Kimberly...
Didn't stay clean for long on the Gibb River Road...

We even found water in the Simpson:

To answer what's next, I've been considering an after market Turbo, and Diff locks (the compressor is spec'd for them). Swapping the driving lights for a light bar.
But I'm also thinking about buying a new Troopy with the V8 and a pop-top to make forest trails a little less sketchy on the overhead clearance! There's another big trip coming up later this year so whatever it is will happen soon...

Back