Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New member John - 1991 BJ42 owner in UK

Johnnybw

Country Flag
uk
Good day to all Cruiser enthusiasts! Im John Williams, I work in London and live near Tetbury in the Cotswolds. I have a 1991 Left hand drive BJ42 imported a few years ago from Finland by a Cruiser fanatic in the North of England. I've had some bodywork repairs done so it's looking great. Motor seems very reliable, although the batteries drain if it's not used for 5 days or so. Current annoyances are the heater not working for some reason, and the fake leather cloth on the sides of the seats has deteriorated and spoils the odd purple interior! Ifyou have any suggestions for the likely heater fault, or if you can recommend a motor trimmer / upholsterer to renovate the seats I'd be grateful. Cheers, John

DSC07450R.jpg

Wowser. That's a beauty. Welcome to the forum John

Hello John and welcome.
Your BJ looks very nice however it may be worth putting your VIN number into www.toyodiy.com and that will tell you the year of manufacture, etc..
There a couple of points that are confusing:
42s were 12v but you mention 'batteries'
'91 is likely the year of import as I don't think they made them after '84 (could be wrong)
Heater not working is most likely to be the metal valve switched off. It is situated on the bulkhead in the centre above the engine. They often seize but a dose of wd40 will help it . It only moves about an inch.
Can't help with a trimmer but I'm sure other members will know.

Regards,

Rodger

Hi john looks great, probably a 1981 model judging by the reg. lovely place Tetbury. Cant help with the issues, sorry

Hi and welcome love the old 40s lets have more pics wee love pics .:thumbup:

Back