Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New member logging in ...

ChrisN

Country Flag
australia
Hi folks

Chris here. I've just bought a 2010 Land Cruiser VDJ79R cab-chasssis single cab, with just over 200,000 km on the clock. At the moment it's carrying some big toolboxes, which will soon go to make way for a Trayon camper. Very few mods to date, just fitted my old Warn winch and driving lights.

I live in Canberra and have been an active 4wd club member for over twenty years, with lots of trips in the Victorian high country and to the central desert areas, mostly driving Nissan Patrols. We're looking forward to lots of touring trips in the new vehicle.

Last edited:
Welcome Chris, sounds like the makings of a great touring rig. I really liked Canberra when I visited, and as you say there is loads to do in the High country.

Looking forward to seeing the full set up.

hi Chris,
welcome to the family!
we only can dream of the VDJ in Europe, so pictures please !!!

Welcome ChrisN. Best of luck with your plans and mods.

hi Chris,
welcome to the family!
we only can dream of the VDJ in Europe, so pictures please !!!

I had thought these were common throughout the world!

Just to show what I am starting with, and my first attempt at posting a photo on this forum:

$_20.JPG

This setup is very popular with tradesman and maintenance workers in this part of the world. Large storage compartments for tools and equipment, and secure lockable doors. Handy, but not the best for sleeping in!

Got the Trayon slide-on camper fitted and very impatient for some opportunities to head off into the sunset.

IMG_2098.jpg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
What a fantastic photo! Welcome Chris

Back