Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New member moved to London, UK with FJ40

SwissEd

Country Flag
uk
Greetings, recently moved from Switz. with my wonderful 1980 California FJ40. Can anyone recommend an experienced FJ40 mechanic near London. This truck is a 'keeper'. Many thanks, Ed

PS I also have an FJ80 and HDJ100-- so yup, I am hooked! But the gem is the FJ40!

DSC00047.jpg DSC00048.jpg IMG_2085.jpg

Welcome to near London, that's a nice collection of Land Cruisers you have. Unfortunately Land Cruiser mechanics are a bit thin on the ground in the south east, it may be better to search out an old school mechanic who understands the older technology that is a 40.

Wow, welcome aboard swissed, the 40 looks great. Good luck finding a local mechanic

Jeez, that 40 looks mint, welcome aboard Ed :thumbup:

Welcome - that is one lovely cruiser!

Where are you exactly? We are long over due for another London LC meet up.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Welcome to the forum. Your FJ40 really is beautiful.

Re a experienced 40 series mechanic 'near London' I would recommend Karl at Ducks Cross 4x4. He's based between Bedford and St Neots at Wilden, MK44 2QW. 01234 376609

He is always busy so I suggest that you mention my name when you speak with him. IMO he is the best. I bought my 40 from him 16 years ago and he'd done all the mechanics on it and he does a lot of restorations (obviously not required on your truck).

Over the 40+ years I've bought and sold plenty of vehicles but only one buyer/seller has become a friend and it's Karl.

Regards,

Rodger

First thing would to get it rust protected by Krown to keep it lovely.

Welcome to London!

You must get out quite a bit, to need such a stash of spare tyres.

Thanks guys for all the support. I am in Hampstead, London (but car stored underground away from prying eyes!). I really appreciate intro to Karl. I was so lucky to have the most amazing father/son Land Cruiser mechanics near Geneva for 15 years--it was worth riding my bike 60k to drop off and collect the trucks since I knew they did everything perfectly....

Hi and welcome love that 40 it is a good looking cruiser you have. A big :thumbup:

nice looking 40. Keep it safe down there in the big smoke. Welcome to the forum

Welcome to the forum. Your FJ40 really is beautiful.

Re a experienced 40 series mechanic 'near London' I would recommend Karl at Ducks Cross 4x4. He's based between Bedford and St Neots at Wilden, MK44 2QW. 01234 376609

He is always busy so I suggest that you mention my name when you speak with him. IMO he is the best. I bought my 40 from him 16 years ago and he'd done all the mechanics on it and he does a lot of restorations (obviously not required on your truck).

Over the 40+ years I've bought and sold plenty of vehicles but only one buyer/seller has become a friend and it's Karl.

Regards,

Rodger

+1 recommending Karl Witham, having dealt with him in the past when I had 40's and 60's I was amazed at the quality of his work and his ability and knowledge. You wont go wrong there.

Hi guys,
Rodger if you see this-- I am unable to get a hold of Kurt at Ducks Cross. Any suggestions beyond calling the number you passed along? Having power steering issue and want to see if he can help me out. Many thanks, Ed. PS In 2 years I might be moving to Portugal we will be a lot closer!

Back