Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

new member saying HI.

Guido

Country Flag
great_britain
Good morning from a sunny UK, yes you heard right!! after this miserable winter. I am a new Owner of a 72 HZJ78 troopy having inherited it from my brother in Sweden who sadly past away last year. It was his second one after having many many fautless miles in his first one it was a no brainer to purchase anther one.
Well i got it trasported over to the Uk and got it home where it was duly put into service pulling my fully laden LandRover 130 pickup out of the mud. Needless to say i had to use the frot and rear diff locks on the LC and got both out. the problem now is the front diff wont disengage. I am familiar with wind up etc so it wasnt used on a hard serface, have tried reversing, moving the steering left to right whilst drivingetc. Also jacked up the front to Rotate the wheel back and forth.
It has FWH so i assume i can unlock them and drive two wheel drive without damaging the front diff.
My question is does anyone know the fault which i assume is elctrical. I am fairly sure my brother would have used the diff locks periodickally to lubricate them and keep them moving.
Look forward to some suggestions. Guy

Well done for getting your hands on a 78 and finding your way over to this most helpful forum. Sorry to hear about the circumstances. Hope you can carry on where your brother left off.

Hi and welcome that is right pulling out a landrovers that is wot landcruiser r for have fun with it

Thanks for your reply Felix, are you still a member?
I could not open that link and still have not found the problem.
Guy

Have you been able to get the actuator off the car, I don't know if the diff lock arrangement is the same as an 80 series. On the 80 series there is also a position switch that on my card failed too, the actuator might have driven fully out and not had the stop signal from the position switch and over extended itself and become jammed?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back