Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Reisverhartel

Garage
Country Flag
netherlands
Goodmorning to you all,

We are the family Hartel. My name is René. We are in the process of buying and modifying a HZJ79 from 2010 with a custom made campercabine.
Probably first real drive this april.
Experience with LC: 0. A bit of an adventure with a HILUX in South Africa. There caught by the virus. Our objective is to learn and experience traveling with the LC in Europe during two years. Then we would like to start overlanding from Holland to Australia, obviously with some but minimal shipping involved.
For the moment we are devouring books like Chris Scott's Handbook, Drive Nacho Drive, The family Bell etc, and a lot of blogs by overlanders.
Then we will follow technical instruction courses about the working of the LC, maintenance and hopefully to be able to repair small or even bigger issues.

Happy new year to you,

René Hartel

Goodmorning to you all,

We are the family Hartel. My name is René. We are in the process of buying and modifying a HZJ79 from 2010 with a custom made campercabine.
Probably first real drive this april.
Experience with LC: 0. A bit of an adventure with a HILUX in South Africa. There caught by the virus. Our objective is to learn and experience traveling with the LC in Europe during two years. Then we would like to start overlanding from Holland to Australia, obviously with some but minimal shipping involved.
For the moment we are devouring books like Chris Scott's Handbook, Drive Nacho Drive, The family Bell etc, and a lot of blogs by overlanders.
Then we will follow technical instruction courses about the working of the LC, maintenance and hopefully to be able to repair small or even bigger issues.

Happy new year to you,

René Hartel

Welcome René.
Sounds like a great plan, apart from you can't get to Australia and just stop.
The best place is just across the Tasman in New Zealand. :)

Welcome René.
Sounds like a great plan, apart from you can't get to Australia and just stop.
The best place is just across the Tasman in New Zealand. :)
Hi,

Obviously you are right. We certainly would like to go there. We will reconsider how when in Australia. Take the LC or just cross over and hike. Comes time.

Welcome to the club. You have certainly arruved at the right place, tons of LC and over landing experience on here.

Enjoy getting to know the LC and may you have millions of miles of safe and happy adventures in it.

Welcome to the club. You have certainly arruved at the right place, tons of LC and over landing experience on here.

Enjoy getting to know the LC and may you have millions of miles of safe and happy adventures in it.
Thank you very much. Uhh, millions? Then some discussion will be necessary with my other half. Entering the grey nomad level, life expectancy will allow us perhaps 150-200 k. The LC has 60 k. No problem there. Then there is the possibility of the arrival of grandchildren. Funny things may happen then. We will see.

Another look at the tailgate. The tent will be replaced. Bed will be downstairs. Wheels will be AT's and on more modest looking steel rims.
HZJ.jpg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Welcome to the forum/club René, you seem to be too infected to imagine you guys shaking off the virus :lol:

The truck looks the business and you seem to have your plans for changes pretty much in place.

I can't offer any tips for overlanding, I just do some off-roading from time to time in my Hzj80, but we both have a"Z" in the model number, so we have something in common :clap:

Watching with interest, and it's good to see that you have already mastered the art of posting pictures!!

Welcome to the forum/club René, you seem to be too infected to imagine you guys shaking off the virus :lol:

The truck looks the business and you seem to have your plans for changes pretty much in place.

I can't offer any tips for overlanding, I just do some off-roading from time to time in my Hzj80, but we both have a"Z" in the model number, so we have something in common :clap:

Watching with interest, and it's good to see that you have already mastered the art of posting pictures!!
Thank you Clive, next pictures probably better at the Garage thread.

are those the original Toyota alloys ? You might find that they are actually quite strong and well built.

are those the original Toyota alloys ? You might find that they are actually quite strong and well built.
No, these are Italian. Good quality but a bit to shiny for overlanding if you know what I mean. Black steel Toyota rims will replace them.

Back