Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

roger_37

Country Flag
ireland
hi all just joined i own a 2011 rav4, but looking to move up to a lc.

Welcome. Moving up to an LC will be a world of change. The Rav4 is nice but the LC will feel a lot roomier.
Which model you thinking? 120/150? Going huge and getting the 100 series :)

Welcome aboard Roger, looking forward to your choice of LC and why. The Rav is a capable little car, but there's nothing like the real thing.... :lol:

hi all just joined i own a 2011 rav4, but looking to move up to a lc.

Welcome. Moving up to an LC will be a world of change. The Rav4 is nice but the LC will feel a lot roomier.
Which model you thinking? 120/150? Going huge and getting the 100 series :)

Welcome aboard Roger, looking forward to your choice of LC and why. The Rav is a capable little car, but there's nothing like the real thing.... :lol:

thanks guys for the welcome, not sure what lc im going for yet,rather like the three door one, any suggestions?

thanks guys for the welcome, not sure what lc im going for yet,rather like the three door one, any suggestions?

All depends what you want from it, my lot complain of no doors and folding seats to get to the third row of seats in our 80 :lol:

Should have bought a minibus... :icon-rolleyes:

I've only ever owned this 80 so can't advise, will you overland, Offroad, or just keep it shiny and use it to get to Tescos?

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
All depends what you want from it, my lot complain of no doors and folding seats to get to the third row of sears in our 80 :lol:

Should have bought a minibus... :icon-rolleyes:

I've only ever owned this 80 so can't advise, will you overland, Offroad, or just keep it shiny and use it to get to Tescos?
would like to do a bit of off roading,dont mind the three door as i have no family to put in back,are their any engine problems with the three door models?

would like to do a bit of off roading,dont mind the three door as i have no family to put in back,are their any engine problems with the three door models?

They all have their "characteristics" and to say that any of them have no engine problems wouldn't be correct.

@Shayne is the only member I know with a 3 door 90 series, and his truck goes like sh!t off a shovel :lol: amazing!

The 90 series is very capable Offroad, maybe not as rugged as an 80 series, but it's a different sort of truck in every way.

They all have their "characteristics" and to say that any of them have no engine problems wouldn't be correct.

@Shayne is the only member I know with a 3 door 90 series, and his truck goes like sh!t off a shovel :lol: amazing!

The 90 series is very capable Offroad, maybe not as rugged as an 80 series, but it's a different sort of truck in every way.

was thinking of a 2013/14, three door model but not made up my mind yet,i think a test drive to sort out a few things.

All 137.JPG

When they build a better one i will buy it .

Thanks Roger , i guess coming from a 2011 Rav4 a 2011 on cruiser is the obvious upgrade but not for me , for me it would be like swapping my 4x4 for a Rav4 but that's my hair shirt to wear so good luck with your search :thumbup:

Last edited:
Thanks Roger , i guess coming from a 2011 Rav4 a 2011 on cruiser is the obvious upgrade but not for me , for me it would be like swapping my 4x4 for a Rav4 but that's my horsehair shirt to wear so good luck with your search :thumbup:

im just a bit worried about the new models ,like the ravs with the carbon problems so more research is needed,me thinks.

There's no real issues around with the 120 (injectors was the last big thing - Toyota recall if you find one) and the 150s (which is more your year) are still quite new. No issues so far. The 2013/14 ones (3.0L D-4D) have all be around long enough to let any of those surface really.

There is no engine difference in any of the ranges between 3 and 5 door models.

There's no real issues around with the 120 (injectors was the last big thing - Toyota recall if you find one) and the 150s (which is more your year) are still quite new. No issues so far. The 2013/14 ones (3.0L D-4D) have all be around long enough to let any of those surface really.

There is no engine difference in any of the ranges between 3 and 5 door models.

thanks for that information crispin,i,ll have to book a test drive and take it from their.

They're all very capable if you help them out a bit (i.e. some better tyres if nothing else).
Take each type for a drive, decide which one you like and what budget. None of them will be a bad choice if you wanted a good vehicle.

Obviously, the old they are the more maintenance you might need to base-line it. But it's unlikely you'll be fixing everything

They're all very capable if you help them out a bit (i.e. some better tyres if nothing else).
Take each type for a drive, decide which one you like and what budget. None of them will be a bad choice if you wanted a good vehicle.

Obviously, the old they are the more maintenance you might need to base-line it. But it's unlikely you'll be fixing everything

good advice that crispin.thanks.

Back