Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Country Flag
uk
Not bought a cruiser yet, had HiLux for years, not had a car since covid just been using the company vehicle
Turned 50 last year and decided I want luxury over practicality so I don't really want another pickup but still want a toyota that will go to the moon and back
I live in North Hampshire near Newbury and have a measley £6k to spend

Should get a good Colorado for that budget. 80 and 100 series will likely want a ton of money thrown at them in the 6/7k area. Might hit lucky on a 120 at that budget but more likely not to be totally honest. A good auto vx spec Colorado makes for an excellent truck. Just my humble Penny's worth.

Should get a good Colorado for that budget.

Agreed with Gav, you will only get a decent D4D VX auto but in reality £6k should buy you the best Collie in the country as 95% of them are trading at £2.5-3K and they suffer badly from corrosion in the back half of the chassis including sills , trailing arm mountings, rear axle turrets, fuel tanks and lines etc etc.
There are a good few Collies around offered at the £4-5k mark but as we know," asking isn't marrying" and very few of these ever move at that level. I wouldn't discount a V6 petrol one either, most haven't had a hard life and generally are in better condition ( I drive one daily).
If you are viewing get someone who has got one and knows what to look for, their services could save you money and anguish.
You might fall in a 120 just within your budget but they are streets ahead of a Collie in terms of everything but again rust isn't your friend as ( like the Collie) the chassis have a tendency to corrode from the inside outwards and unexpectedly the towbar is very loosely attached to the rear of the chassis.
Patience whilst looking is the key, it took me 10 attempts to land a decent 120, check MOT history etc. You might get a reasonable early 100 series for £6k but have a couple of grand put by for the inevitable repairs.

Back