Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New on ebay(80) crackin colour

Looks nice in that colour. Still at a good price but I suspect it will go for a good bit more.

Looks nice in that colour. Still at a good price but I suspect it will go for a good bit more.
yeh your right, looks like the sellers tryin to be honest, needs new brakes all round basically.... and more no doubt but a nice looking thing.

Mmmmn. Looks like something someones had the best of. Not too sure about the " needs front prop re fitting". usually this indicates a transfer box problem. Brakes need attention, sounds like a project to me.

Mmmmn. Looks like something someones had the best of. Not too sure about the " needs front prop re fitting". usually this indicates a transfer box problem. Brakes need attention, sounds like a project to me.
Kinda' hoping its just had a new uj.. I might start badgering the seller with annoying questions;)

I contacted seller regarding propshaft off.... He said, quote. 'It could be a number of reasons, UJs front diff, or actuator, not really looked into it''. ' Oh! I said' ..... so make of it what you will

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Nice, not often you see a colour matched tow bar :think:

Interesting that they went to the trouble of removing the TURBO stickers.

When they say rare blue, do they mean they're rare in blue OR that this is a very rare blue? I'd go with it being a very rare, perhaps even unique shade of blue.

totally agree andy. either feont diff will be shot or the transfer.
personally dont think the paint is the origonal colour unless its just the light.

For me, the price is right, even if it needs some work and parts.

Looks like it’s been looked after these 23 years, but whatever you buy at that age, you have to expect some work ahead of you.

The color?

Nice, that blue suits the 80 IMO, ask me how I know... (mine’s a tad darker methinks)...

Chris’ is a ghost .... :lol:

For me, the price is right, even if it needs some work and parts.

Looks like it’s been looked after these 23 years, but whatever you buy at that age, you have to expect some work ahead of you.

The color?

Nice, that blue suits the 80 IMO, ask me how I know... (mine’s a tad darker methinks)...

Chris’ is a ghost .... :lol:
It looks like someone has loved it once, but have now given up because things are starting to need fixing.. the guy I contacted is just a dealer.. he doesn't know or care about the truck he just wants to move it on,.. I like it I like the colour, but I think the auction will hit a silly price.. :icon-rolleyes:

Higgy please don't start the blue 80 debate again.

I can't go through that
Sorry I must have missed the original posting regarding the BLUE...... 80.. didn't mean to open up an old wound does someone not like Blue 80s then?;)

Sorry I must have missed the original posting regarding the BLUE...... 80.. didn't mean to open up an old wound does someone not like Blue 80s then?;)

It’s quite the opposite Higgy, and a bit of an “in” joke, all Chris’ fault, of course.

Did all UK spec 80s have the grab bar on the dash (passenger side)? He says its uk truck.. just wondering if its an Import with the snazzy blue colour and all,

Our UK 80 has an "oh shit" handle, yeah. Looks UK spec to me. But as said above, the reference to the front prop would worry me, and the paint looks like its been blown over at some point. Fuse box cover is off for some reason - could be nothing, of course. Shame there's no pics of the underside or the usual rust traps. If the price stays down could be worth a punt, but personally I would want to see it before bidding on it (or get the AA to do an inspection maybe?).

Our UK 80 has an "oh shit" handle, yeah. Looks UK spec to me. But as said above, the reference to the front prop would worry me, and the paint looks like its been blown over at some point. Fuse box cover is off for some reason - could be nothing, of course. Shame there's no pics of the underside or the usual rust traps. If the price stays down could be worth a punt, but personally I would want to see it before bidding on it (or get the AA to do an inspection maybe?).
MOT history isn't that drastic really. usual stuff on a 23yr old 80... as per usual its about 200 mile from me

Back