Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New to Land Cruisers

Semikrazy

Country Flag
united_states
I just bought my first Land cruiser, it's a 1994. It's stock with 410,000 miles on original engine and transmission. I have been off roading in Jeep Cjs since 87. My goal for the LC is build it as an expedition vehicle.

20190512_085204.jpg

Hi Semi, and Welcome.

That’s an interesting looking truck you’ve got there. I’ve not seen one with those decals on before, plus it’s either left the factory with no side steps or has been nicely altered to those it now has.

Look forward to hearing more.

Best wishes
Rich

Hello Semikrazy , I'm jealous already because you got everything you need in America readily available - Slee suspension , 4x4labs rear bumper , Bart wheels come to mind instantly :thumbup:

Hi Semi, and Welcome.

That’s an interesting looking truck you’ve got there. I’ve not seen one with those decals on before, plus it’s either left the factory with no side steps or has been nicely altered to those it now has.

Look forward to hearing more.

Best wishes
Rich
I never seen one like it either and who ever did do it they did a great job. I mean how even it all is. Even the TRD decals are on there perfect.
Those nerf bars will be getting replaced with sliders.

Hello Semikrazy , I'm jealous already because you got everything you need in America readily available - Slee suspension , 4x4labs rear bumper , Bart wheels come to mind instantly :thumbup:

I'm just starting the search on what route I want to go on building it. I'll be looking through these post to get ideas from.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I live in rural Nevada so mostly as a desert exploration. Also for longer trips like to Alaska.

Ah. In which case, a full bring up looks to be on the cards. Before you do anything to the vehicle, I would suggest a baseline checkup and over haul anything that needs it. Body, Power plant, drive train, chassis.

Then work out which parts of the truck need improvement and engineering. Then don't do anything, take it for a drive, Chile back and only do the work you thought was needed when you were out.

Rinse repeat.

Ah. In which case, a full bring up looks to be on the cards. Before you do anything to the vehicle, I would suggest a baseline checkup and over haul anything that needs it. Body, Power plant, drive train, chassis.

Then work out which parts of the truck need improvement and engineering. Then don't do anything, take it for a drive, Chile back and only do the work you thought was needed when you were out.

Rinse repeat.

With it having 410,000 miles I will be giving it a good check up. I'm surprised how strong it runs, and the transmission shifts great. I drove it about 50 miles in Vegas and on the interstate. Oil pressure, voltage, and temperature gauge are right where they are supposed to be. No clicking in turns so CV joints seem ok. The steering is a little loose and, according to the seller 4 low has never been used. It's just been on highways. It is stuck in hi range, I couldn't get the shifter to budge.

For $750 I couldn't pass it up.

Welcome to the forum Semi nice truck. If you are in the Vegas area, do you know of the "Desert Ratz" they went quiet for a while but are building the group up again. If you meet them, please say hello to Mark Diamond and Tom Duncan etc. A great crowd and good fun.

Back