Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

new to the fourum not cruisers tho, advice on 2jz swap into 75 or 79 series cruiser ute, based aus

Gus75series

Country Flag
australia
hey guys,

probably gonna cop a bit of shit from this but been thinking about this for a fair while gotten a few bit of info together like basic measurements of the 2jz and I own a 75 and have a 79 at home wondering if there is anyone out there that can give me some advice on how I would go about doing this or if anyone out there has already done something like this, i know lots of people have done hilux swaps so wondering if someone has done it to a 75 or 79 series ute any help is welcome, based in aus.

thanks guys
gus

Hello, sounds interesting a 2JZ into a Land Cruiser. I have to ask why not a Barra swap?

to be honest, im a holden bloke and the barra is a pretty capable motor and certainly cheaper but I'm I've always just loved the idea of a 2jz motor in a cruiser and it would be something that not many people have done, its not set in stone but just trying to get some more info if someone has done it or not and could help.

have you done something with a barra and cruiser?

I was thinking that Barra's available and are a lot cheaper than the 2JZ engine in Oz. No never done any engine swaps in a Land cruiser the one I have is my first (120 series) Holden man hey, I have a VY SS Ute with a Harrop s/charger and it is far away as you can get from it's original home as I live on the Isle of Man.

yeh the barras are easy as to get and certainly less expensive but always loved the 2jz bit of a supra fan boy, wow that pretty sick ute how the hell did you get into there?? that must've been a hell of job to do. how much power you making to the wheels, my dads got an original 1976 hx sandman ute in the sandman orange which is pre cool.

Pretty sure the standard Barra crank is bullet proof and good for 1000 horse, but I'm sure you'll not be looking for that sort of power. I like the idea of Toyota engine in a Toyota, that's the way it always use to be in Oz. GM engine in a GM car and a Ford in a Ford.
The Ute was bought new in NZ in Dec 2002 then sent to the U.K, I'm the third owner. It is putting out 540bhp at the rear wheels and 670bhp at the crank or in Aussie speak 500kw. It's a beast and I can't stop modding it.
I had a few mates running HQ's, HJ's etc back in the 80's, 2 door and 4 door Monaros, all ways wanted a Sandman panel van myself. Your dads ute with be worth a small fortune I should imagen these days.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
yeh ive been doing a little reaearch on it and yeh the Toyota and Toyota engine would be really nice but getting parts for a motor like a 2jz in aus is pretty hard from what I've heard, I'm only a young fulla so all a bit of a dream haha, that's sick that would be quite a sight seeing a holden ute around the isle of man, yeh its a sick ute dads in the process of doing it up now needs some work but he'll never sell it cause none of the fam will let him! haha

Well I wish you all the best with the build and get a Barra chucked in it, and never let your dad sell the Sandman......

Back