Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New to the Land Cruiser Club

Harkengator

Country Flag
united_states
Greeting all, I thought I'd take so time to introduce myself to y'all. So I guess I'll start. I ammost the GM not a fan of Social Media so I will just stick to Harkengator for now which is a combination of part of my last name and the team nickname of the University I attended. The University Of Florida, Go Gators!
My Land Cruiser is known as the Rhino and she is a 1997 FZJ80 40th Anniversary Edition. It started life as the personal vehicle of some hotshot attorney who was busted for drunk driving for the fourth time and also had cocaine on him. Subsequently the vehicle was seized by the Martin County Sheriff's Office and was as the Sheriff's personal vehicle. Later the the vehicle was transferred to a Canine Unit. I purchased it from an auction in January 2012. I previously and still own many Toyota's including a 1987 4 Runner and a 1972 FJ40. Both of which I no longer own.

In the course of my military career I have literally driven Land Cruisers worldwide from Central America, Middle East, Central Asia, Africa and the Balkans. I have also driven other the competitors equivalent of the LC such as the Datsun/Nissan Patrol, Isuzu Trooper, Mitsubishi Montero, Chevy/GMC Suburban and Tahoe/Yukon, and US Military's High Mobility Multi-purpose Wheeled Vehicle,or HMMWV. All of which are very capable vehicles but not an LC. But I have been witness to a single LC pull out all of the GM SUV's and the HMMWV.

Nice intro Harken, welcome to the gathering :thumbup:

Good that you know some of the history of your 80, an appropriate nickname too, Rhino :lol:

Back