Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New to the site

Twiggles

Country Flag
australia
Hey Guys

I'm new to the site, and to 4x4ing but so far have loved getting off the beaten track in Blue Mountains, Barrington top, Stockland sand dunes and the Watagans.

I've got a Manual 1994 GLX 4.5 L Petrol 80 Series which is used as a second car and fun weekender. Put a rear elocker on last year which has been great!

Quick question, had a day in the Watagans on Saturday, all was good, then on the drive back cruising at 110kmh on the freeway and lost power, was able to freewheel in to the service station thankfully.

Tested ran the engine in neutral gradually building the revs and holding it steady, at 2200 revs the engine stopped, I held the accelerator where it was and started again at 500 revs.. If I held the pedal where it was it would just continuously do that. Ended up getting towed home.

Have put the car in test mode connecting the terminals TE1 & E1 but no readings also in assessing mode connecting TE2 and E1 to get the codes but nothing..

I've run it today and all OK but only short trip.

Any ideas what it could be??

Hello Twiggles and welcome. Another great intro. Can't help you with a diagnosis I'm afraid but good luck anyway.

Back