Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New Toy

Neil Smith

Country Flag
great_britain
Hello Fellas,

Some would say that I've gone over to the dark side having been a Land Rover (Defenders/Disco 1/2's) nut for some years!! However, I have jumped into the deep end with a 2003 Facelift V8 and I am already bowled over by the comfort/drive and ooohh, the purr of that engine...……I can see some fun times ahead.

As with any older vehicle there are a few "issues". I am sure the issues below have been raised a number of times before but here goes;

SatNav/Touch screen function not working, lights on but nobody home!?

Tyres-27 5/60R/18-Had two sets of BFG-AT on my last two vehicles but struggling to find the size in BFG-AT? Any other suggestions?

Steering wheel is way off line?? Not sure if I would have an issue with the air bag/cruise/controls when/if trying to remove and re-align?

A lot to go at but these are my immediate problems...…….

cheers,
Neil.

Hello Fellas,

Some would say that I've gone over to the dark side having been a Land Rover (Defenders/Disco 1/2's) nut for some years!! However, I have jumped into the deep end with a 2003 Facelift V8 and I am already bowled over by the comfort/drive and ooohh, the purr of that engine...……I can see some fun times ahead.

As with any older vehicle there are a few "issues". I am sure the issues below have been raised a number of times before but here goes;

Tyres-27 5/60R/18-Had two sets of BFG-AT on my last two vehicles but struggling to find the size in BFG-AT? Any other suggestions?

Steering wheel is way off line?? Not sure if I would have an issue with the air bag/cruise/controls when/if trying to remove and re-align?

cheers,
Neil.
You have seen the light, you are now 'using the force' Luke.

If you want to go on a trip, buy a Land Rover, if you want to return, buy a Land Cruiser.

This is my humble opinion, I don't think you need to remove the steering wheel, I would first have the steering alignment checked (tracking) then once you know that to be good you can then follow this procedure, I did and it worked.

Hope this helps

Untitled.png Untitled 2.png

Untitled 2.png

For the navi, get rid of it. 2 options: Get hold of parts for converting to non-navi hvac controls (might be time consuming), or try out the new chinese offerings with an all-in-one 10" screen which is supposed to solve the issue. There is a thread on it in here, and much more on mud.

For the tyres, get 265/65R18, a much better size - If you don't want to go bigger than stndrd. This is theoretically 1.8 % bigger than your old ones. Or, even better, get hold of 16" rims which gives you more rubber between rim and road, if you are serious about offroad (or kerbs). Cheaper and better selection as well. It's win win win.

For the steering, do as JJ says. Adjust the tie-rod ends.

cheers,
Neil.[/QUOTE]

This is the thread for the Chinese SatNav/Touch screen, 'Tesla Style Screen'.

Hello Fellas,

cheers,
Neil.

Hello Fellas,

cheers,
Neil.
i have a fully functioning screen forsale ive converted to tesla style screen

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Well fellas, some great replies and advice.

First and easiest job will be to have the tracking re-aligned and go from there?

With reference to the Tesla screen, will this also work the AC/maintenance/radio? I presume that the tape cassette and radio will also need to be removed? Also will the Chinese sourced Tesla work in Europe/UK?

Thanks,
Neil.

Well fellas, some great replies and advice.

First and easiest job will be to have the tracking re-aligned and go from there?

With reference to the Tesla screen, will this also work the AC/maintenance/radio? I presume that the tape cassette and radio will also need to be removed? Also will the Chinese sourced Tesla work in Europe/UK?

Thanks,
Neil.
Yes to all,
Where are u based, you could see my set up

Back