Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New Toy

JonFJ1969

Hi, picked up a well fitted out 1994 80 12v Auto yesterday, reg number M642MFP, anyone know this car? it is a nice spec set up for overlanding, has roof rack, roof tent, front bar (no winch yet), twin rear tyre carrier, 6 285 75 BG Goodrich tyres, 3" lift, nice and solid overall, pretty chuffed with it! think it needs two new batteries as have managed to get it to not start after spending the day titting about with it.
tempImageXlqPEP.jpg

Hi Jon that is looking a good cruiser it's a big :thumbup: hope you r all well .

Hi Gav, got it from a guy in Brighton, he had it for 4 years (spent a small fortune with Julian prepping for trip he did last year to Morocco), he got it from Warwickshire, it is a nice thing, just a few bits here and there nothing serious, except this morning it won't start and only light on dash is battery, I did charge them last night so will go back through what we touched yesterday, perhaps a plug is off somewhere behind dash?

Looks a nice rig mate. I decided to buy again now as the right truck came up at the right time and I can only see prices going up and up. You only need a few people prepared to pay big and trend is set. Have you checked your fusable links beside battery trays. Quite common for these to pop especially if you've been playing with wires. What are your plans with the 80. You off touring?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi Gav, yes prices seem to go up but I got this at a really great price, no plans for this year but next year I think NC500 on the cards, the issue was the batteries and the fuse had blown for the instrument cluster, all sorted no dramas, what is the plan for you new red one?

Good to hear your sorted without to much hassle. Paid fair for mine I think. Nowhere near what most are at at the moment but not bargain basement farm truck money. Wanted a 24v manual for a while. Right time right place . No real plans other than sort out the few rust issues and a better set of rubber when funds recover a little. I'll daily it I guess use it for towing duties etc. I have my gold 80 for laning /off road . Gives me chance to clean up my 24v auto waxoil it and maybe put it up until spring. It's a really clean low miles truck so want to preserve it. Mind you I try my best with all of them. Can't part with any one of them. Had a guy knock my door yesterday asking to buy my 60. Basically asked me to throw him a price within reason and said he'd buy it. Just couldn't. Really get under your skin these Toyotas do.

my 60 is up and running and it creates quite an interest wherever I go, I think these are going to be the next big thing and I do prefer them to 80's but they don't have the grunt of the 80. you can't sell the 60 but we can't drive them all!!! I am at 5 now, 40, 60, 74, 80 and 100 and with lockdown I aint driving any of them apart from a run up and down to keep the brakes freed off. get this lockdown done please...

I won't sell any. I make a point of driving them all even if it's just for the sake of a ride out. I've really fallen for my 60 in a big way but couldn't be without 80 series. I'll not sell any. Just a ride out or simply looking at them brings me joy. Weird maybe but I don't care.

Back