Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New Toys for Tommo

Tommo&Claire

Garage
A package arrived for me today, came all the way from Israel. The box looked like it had been dragged from Israel behind a truck but the contents were pristine!

Image0150.jpg

Unwrapped:

Image0151.jpg

Image0152.jpg

Image0153.jpg

After a wee bit of fettling from myself and Paddy (yes he owes me a favour or two!) here they are fitted:

Image0154.jpg

Image0155.jpg

Image0156.jpg

Image0157.jpg

Image0158.jpg

And while we were there, we whipped off the rather battered side steps:

Image0159.jpg

Image0160.jpg

Just suspension to do and Morocco here i come! Might need to tap Jon up about some sliders though.....

I spy ASFIR! Well done. They are nice plates but very pricey. Did you spot the deliberate error in the instructions? That spacer on the rear plate is upside down. Took me a while to work that one out. Sliders, yes good idea.

Ever considered a winch........ :roll:

Oh come on, if you can't take a joke.

Chris

Look fab, much better minus the steps too.

Sliders, <dreams> - I want some, might help me clobber a few more concrete poles at car parks. I seem well able to manage off road, but towns are another thing.

Look very nice. Also on my (longer than I have money) list

Very pretty son......now take the bu**ers off so we can do your starter motor :twisted:

Look cool mate but I'm not sure about losing the steps :?:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Maybe while they are fresh and new its worth whipping them down to Haig engineering in Botley and gets some copies made. ;)

Yes that has occurred to me, if we can get a pattern for them then they can be made in whatever material people want...

Les, we were only making sure all bolts went in holes etc but in fact they were such a doddle to fit we thought we'll just stick them on, despite their diagram being wrong as Chris quite rightly pointed out! They are only held on by 5 bolts (rather manly bolts it has to be said) so we can take it off again within about a minute!

Ref the steps, i only took them off to give them a quick clean up and endeavour to bend them back into shape, i was also considering powder coating them. Now they are off though i realise quite how light they are so i'm considering fitting something more tough, but not sure what yet.....

Paul said:
Maybe while they are fresh and new its worth whipping them down to Haig engineering in Botley and gets some copies made. ;)

What a brilliant idea :D

I would like to offer your in-house fabrication service at this point ;-)

I do actually have drawings. Ahem.

Chris

Hello Tommo or Chris what thickness is the ally plate? once i know il keep my eyes peeled :D

Joe

Tommo&Claire said:
Might need to tap Jon up about some sliders though.....
You any good with a spade? You dig and I'll weld :mrgreen: Small queue forming at the moment because I banned myself from working on other peoples motors except for emergencies till after I'm back from France and then I have a few cubic meters of soil and rock to dig out but I do like the barter system of payment :lol:

Jon Wildsmith said:
[quote="Tommo&Claire":6h8g1enw]Might need to tap Jon up about some sliders though.....
You any good with a spade? You dig and I'll weld :mrgreen: Small queue forming at the moment because I banned myself from working on other peoples motors except for emergencies till after I'm back from France and then I have a few cubic meters of soil and rock to dig out but I do like the barter system of payment :lol:[/quote:6h8g1enw]

Brute force jobs i am good at! i now have a nice shore job at Collingwood which is near my house so am available whenever!

Surely a naval bombardment would shift that lot?
OK, maybe a trust issue here.... Grid ref err, now is it up first or along. Hmm, let me see.

C

Well we use Lat and Long actually mate, but unfortunately the Army tend to put in calls for fire in grid format....

Guess who has to do the sums!!

Well the few cubic meters might be more like 12 and it might be rather more sandstone than soil and it's all got to come down a steep hill :mrgreen: so the naval bombardment could be handy but joking aside we might be able to sort something out in a couple of months if you're really wanting to put some girders on your truck and are not in too much of a hurry :)

Not in any hurry mate. i'm sure i can assemble a few pairs of hands, just let me know when!

Back