Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New wheel Rims for my 120

garygiles1963

HI

I'm looking to replace the wheel rims on my 120.

I would apricate it if anyone could recommend a good make, and supplier.

Regards
Gary

When I bought my 120 I was thinking of a change in wheels but ended up getting mine blasted then powder coated. I talked to the guys a Driftworks in Birmingham they had a few nice sets of wheels on the website to choose from. My thing was I was trying not to spend to much money on my new purchase. Worth looking on their website.

The Toyota alloys are quite strong, maybe get them sorted if you just want a new look? Re cut and different colour maybe?

Good point about colour there, for a different look if having the wheels refurbed anyway.
When I visited my local place there was loads of choice on demo rims, some of those variations of the same colour. Thats when you find out there are various silver, white, black, etc. and that's just the plain colours.
I was like a kid looking at toys in a shop window.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Been distracting myself by searching for options the past 2 hours and to be honest its seems to me you couldn't make much difference by changing wheels even with an unlimited budget , unless you went pimp wagon huge rims and low profile tyres , so I'd just paint them .

Exactly what I did with mine in the end. They were all bubbled and scabby from too many winters in Scotland with no attention paid by previous owner.
I had them blasted, then I filled scrapes and small gouges with 2 pack epoxy.
I then sprayed 2 coats of etch primer on to get a good bond to the aluminium, then 3 coats of satin silver. I didn't bother with clear coat, but depending on how they weather, I may prepare and do that in the future.
Reason for paint over powder coat, easier to maintain if scraped/marked.

Back