Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Newb with two questions

rorda

Country Flag
united_states
Hello! New to the forum and this is my first Land Cruiser. I've got a 1996 Land Cruiser Prado with a gas engine that I just brought to the US from Canada with just under 200k kilometers on it. The only current mods are some beefier all terrain tires, but I will be looking into a small (2-3") lift in the future.

First question, I had a warning light pop up and was able to find it in the manual and translate the text, it looks like the light is for the catalytic converter reaching high temps. It would flash every once and going uphill or when I pulled my foot off the gas, but only stayed lit a couple of times after a large uphill section in the road and never for more than a minute. Has anyone else dealt with this and have any suggestions? I am wondering if it's the cat itself or possibly stemming from something upstream.

The second question, mostly just wondering how everyone else has treated surface rust on the underbody. For other projects with small amounts of rust I've used a US product called Loctite Rust Neutralizer and then painted over it. But this is a decent amount more rust than I've dealt with before, so if there are any more efficient methods out there I would love suggestions.

Attachments

• IMG_3503.jpeg
    IMG_3503.jpeg
    221.7 KB · Views: 5
Back