Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Newbe from Texas

Rbone

Country Flag
united_states
Just a quick intro to yall. My name is Ron Bone. I recently acquired a 96 Land Cruiser. My wife and I nicknamed her 'The Great White'. The car was given to me free by my boss. It was a true barn find in every sense of that phrase - including squirrels and rats. I am an avid car guy (truck guy here in the US) and just finished restoring an original '34 Ford Tudor. It is snowing and freezing cold here in Texas today, but as soon as it warms up, I will take some pictures of The Great White and post them on here.

The story behind my newly acquired 96 Land Cruiser- My boss bought it new in 96. He and his family drove it until 2015, at which time he drove it into his barn in rural Texas and parked it. Last September, I was talking to him about our pick-up trucks when he mentioned the car was just parked. He added that I could have it if I wanted it, for free. So, I said yes, trailered it to my home, and have been getting her going again for about 5 months now. The entire engine bay was a huge squirrels nest with two rats nests inside each of the fenders. Just getting it cleaned out took the better part of 2 weeks. Then, repairing all of the electrical, vacuum line, etc. damage done by the vermin took about 2 months. After that, just normal mechanical - brakes, fuel system cleaning, coolant system cleaning, A/C, etc. I am happy to report that mechanically, everything is working now, except for the electric radio antenna! I have also clayed, buffed, polished, and waxed the body completely and it is looking like new. Being in Texas, there is no rust and the car has never been in an accident. So, I am very fortunate. I have a new set of leather and foam on order to make the seats new again.

Best regards to all,
Ron

Last edited:
Funny Shayne!!!! He is anxious for me to drive it out to his home! I worked for him many years and he is a truly wonderful person.

Back