Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Newbie and in love with my FJ60

beth grinspoon

Country Flag
united_states
Hey there,
I am from the US living on the East Coast. I recently purchased my dream ride out of AZ. 1984 FJ60. It had been well loved and babied not put to work. Its got a little over 100,000 miles and is a beast.... Air Lockers, 456, straight, no rust, stripped down and rebuilt not to long ago. It was PERFECT until my husband turned it over in a creek. Now its in need of some serious work. The Driver side A pillar is destroyed and a good part of B as well. I need a new roof, driver side both doors, head light bezel, front left quarter panel. Looking forward to learning from y'all and getting my ride back in action stat.
Any advice looking for parts would be much appreciated, Ill go just about anywhere to find them. I had so many adventures planned for the summer.
Cheers and happy travels.

beth

THEN:

FullSizeRender.jpg

NOW:

IMG_1812.JPG IMG_1813.JPG

Welcome to the forum Beth. Such a shame about your beautiful truck. My first thought was 'are you still married'. :lol: You've got a lot of work to do there. Sorry, I mean hubby has, on the basis 'he who bends it mends it'.

Not only do you need parts, a donor vehicle would be great, you need a good, ultra reliable body shop. If you can find one of them, and they are rare, they may be able to help you source parts. Swapping the roof is no mean feat.

Still, you've come to the right place, and if your husbands misdemeanor has brought you here then that's a good thing. Have a look on Ih8MUD too as it's US based and may be more help finding parts. There's US guys on here too though.

Good luck with it and do keep us posted on your progress. We're a friendly bunch on here and we like to see the trucks put back on the road. One thread which may be of interest is by Oding called 'Total reconditioning'. Have a search on here, his attention to detail is superb.

Best wishes
Richard

Last edited:
Welcome Beth I'm sorry to see your FJ60 like this and feel your pain. I love Arizona. I agree with Richard who explained it very well regarding being a member of IH8MUD where there plenty of parts available including vehicles for sale. I'm no expert with bodywork & it's hard to see the damage needing to put right with the pictures. If you have an assessment from the body shop then you know what you need to source better in getting the parts to fix it.

I hope to see it in its formal glory soon ......best wishes

https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/fj60-83-florida.983109/#post-10933649

I can only mirror all that's been said above, including Mark's comment.

So sad to see such a beautiful truck in that state.

As Richard said, a good body-shop can do anything as long as the replacement parts are available, and if it is a good body-shop, they will even be able to straighten the panels that are bent, without replacement.

They are rare these days, but I do have one here. He straightened a wing on my 80 series that was crushed up like a concertina. I couldn't believe what he'd managed to do with it, when I went to collect it. There's not a ripple or a stretch mark visible, and no filler either.

Don't give up, ih8mud may be able to help you source a good workshop within reach.

Welcome to the forum BTW, but sorry you're here under these circumstances though. Keep us posted...

Back