Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Newbie looking for a nice Amazon.

frankychops

Country Flag
uk
I posted in the newbie section, thought I’d post here!

Looking for any buyers tips, any nice trucks for sale, any info really!

I’d like a 5speed auto, it’ll be a semi daily driver, doing circa 4-5k a year. Camping trips will involve loading a tent into it!

I have a few 600mile motorway trips each year, would it see 25mpg at 65mph?

25 mpg won’t be a problem on good A roads and motorways, all depends on the condition of your vehicle and the weight of your right foot!
Mines a 5 speed but from what Gav has said there isn’t much difference between the 4 or 5 so I wouldn’t discount a 4 speed if you find a decent one.
Everyone on here will tell you that corrosion is the big problem, easily spotted are the dog legs at the lower front of the rear wheel arches and also the front wings, not so obvious are the lower rear arches behind the rear bumper and around the inner wheelarch itself where it joins the rear wing. Inner sills are also prone and front inner wings behind the plastic arch liner (you can usually spot this in the engine bay) Then there’s the rear bumper carrier and the top and bottom tailgates!
Don’t be put off by surface rust on the chassis, it’s a no cost option from the factory!
If this hasn’t put you off by now good luck with your search! there’s a lot of dogs out there so take your time!

Grace Jones might be available but you are then looking at very high maintenance and what she can do with a hoo la hoop will want you to screw your eyes tight shut

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
probable just me, but i find the "gated" auto box shifters a bit a annoying.

Without wishing to state the obvious, you need to see what’s available within your budget, you’re going to be looking at vehicles that are around 20 years old. They all need work to keep on top of them so your choice is to get the best example you can afford that’s been well maintained or buy cheaper and spend more later.

Without wishing to state the obvious, you need to see what’s available within your budget, you’re going to be looking at vehicles that are around 20 years old. They all need work to keep on top of them so your choice is to get the best example you can afford that’s been well maintained or buy cheaper and spend more later.

Yes, agree totally. I just also need to work out what the prices are!

I run a 4.7 v8 on a run I get equivalent to 28-30 ( lpg) .

Car prices are all over the place at the moment - it's worth what anyone else wants to pay for it!

If you want it, decide your top price - what it's worth to you - make a lower offer and negotiate from there....

I do like it. Spoke to the owner who’s had it for an age. I like the owner also.

I’m going to make him an offer, If he can get more for it, no worries from me. It’ll give him a fallback. It’s the tidiest I’ve since I’ve been looking.

Obviously make sure it's good underneath, at least with some pics if you can't physically go and check it

No, I had made an offer for more than it sold for, however I dont think the seller liked the fact I had the price right. He was a lovely guy. the truck just needed a fair bit of work.

Back