Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

NEWBIE St. Augustine, Fl.

buzkansintheback

Country Flag
united_states
Hi guys and girls Newbie Here I've got a 1975 Fj40 all apart working on the brake lines etc. Next motor I have a Chevy 262 V-6 200 hp backed up w a 350 turbo automatic w same transfer case Have to get the trans rebuilt w the adapter for the transfer case about $1.500.00 OW OW OW Can`t drive a clutch due to my legs That`s what is going on Thx Buz

Welcome Bus. Nice to hear from you.

Chuck up some photos!

Andy

Hello and welcome...

The V6 is an unusual choice of engine. What were the factors that lead to your choice?

We like photos ....

Regards,

Rodger

Thx for the response The jeep is all apart Anywhere between 185-200 hp 260 ft lbs low end torque I have the vin B 200 hp version same pistons, rods as V-8 all they did was take a V-8 and cut two cylinders off it They put them in Early jeep etc., Its a proven motor Novak Chevy small block guide to the V-6 262 Its really interesting full of info thx Buz

Last edited:
Interesting Buz. Sounds like a good option, not that I'm thinking of swapping engines. Photos of it, as and when, would be appreciated.

Regards,

Rodger

It had Chevy a 327 it was a POs needed a rebuild the motor I have from looking at it has been rebuilt Has a roller lifters designates a 200 hp Vin B Buzz

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back