Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Nice to be on board

Elk

Country Flag
australia
I own a much loved 1HZ 100 crusher. Over the years I've done many off adventures across Australia. From Cape york, Simpson, high country, west coast of Tasy. Every year I embark on a new adventure. Needless to say my truck is anything but standard although set up for touring .

I have a question about my auto A442F so hopping someone may help.
The gear shifts started to not kick in as normal delayed so I decided to change fluid and filter. After that I can only get reverse and 1st it won't change up gear. I get 2nd if I push the 2nd start button beside the gear leaver. ??????What are your thoughts???

My truck is a hobby not a daily driver and I enjoy working on it myself solving problems it's my release.
Elk

Sounds to me like the pump for fluid has proberly got an air lock in it google how to bleed the system

I own a much loved 1HZ 100 crusher. Over the years I've done many off adventures across Australia. From Cape york, Simpson, high country, west coast of Tasy. Every year I embark on a new adventure. Needless to say my truck is anything but standard although set up for touring .

I have a question about my auto A442F so hopping someone may help.
The gear shifts started to not kick in as normal delayed so I decided to change fluid and filter. After that I can only get reverse and 1st it won't change up gear. I get 2nd if I push the 2nd start button beside the gear leaver. ??????What are your thoughts???

My truck is a hobby not a daily driver and I enjoy working on it myself solving problems it's my release.
Elk
G'Day from the old country Elk,

Sounds like you've had some fun adventures.

What year is you 1HZ 100 'Crusher'? :):) or even Cruiser :):) although I think Land 'Crusher' sounds better

Also what's the mileage or Kilometreage? if it's high, then something could be slipping in your auto box.

Just draning the auto fluid will not drain all the fluid out, so you will not have changed all the auto fluid, I think the A442F is the 4 speed with a dipstick so fluid level will be easy to check.

Did you refill with the same amount of new fluid that came out? or did you drain then refill to the dipstick level mark? did you check fluid level on dipstick with Auto Trans warm and engine running?

Good Luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
G'Day from the old country Elk,

Sounds like you've had some fun adventures.

What year is you 1HZ 100 'Crusher'? :):) or even Cruiser :):) although I think Land 'Crusher' sounds better

Also what's the mileage or Kilometreage? if it's high, then something could be slipping in your auto box.

Just draning the auto fluid will not drain all the fluid out, so you will not have changed all the auto fluid, I think the A442F is the 4 speed with a dipstick so fluid level will be easy to check.

Did you refill with the same amount of new fluid that came out? or did you drain then refill to the dipstick level mark? did you check fluid level on dipstick with Auto Trans warm and engine running?

Good Luck.

You Australians get all the best Landcruisers.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks for your thoughts / suggestions.
The truck is a 98 with 400k. The auto had a complete overhaul 70k ago. The auto started the delayed changes after a recent caravan holiday to NSW return to Tasy.

I'm going to have a play with fluid levels hot and cold today and see if the pump picks up the fluid. After that new filter and gaskets. Failing that maybe check the solinoids out. I'll keep you posted on progress.

Elk

Back