no access

k1elliott

Hi All,

Looking for a solution trying to get the last nut on the inlet manifold nearest the bulkhead.

I can get a socket onto it but can't get the ratchet on to the socket.

I also don't seem to be ableto get hold of a flexible extension bar but I'll keep loooking tomorrow.

Any suggestions from those that have been there?

Thanks,
Ken.

Ecky Thump

Garage
Never worked on a 100 but this sounds like either jack up one side of the engine to shift it over or undo a mount and bar it over.

The mounts usually give you a little bit of movement and if you undo them, a bit more.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Andy Harvey

k1elliott said:
Hi All,

Looking for a solution trying to get the last nut on the inlet manifold nearest the bulkhead.

I can get a socket onto it but can't get the ratchet on to the socket.

I also don't seem to be ableto get hold of a flexible extension bar but I'll keep loooking tomorrow.

Any suggestions from those that have been there?

Thanks,
Ken.

How about a ratchet spanner.

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
europe
Good idea, Andy. Wish I'd thought of that. :lol:

Chris

Andy Harvey

We can't all have glimmers of brilliance all the time - you have to give some of us a chance to come up with something occasionally even if it was completely obvious :lol: :lol:. Getting those inlet manifold nuts off though reminds me of trying to get the rear passenger side spark plug out of a Series 3 Jenson Interceptor - exhaust manifold off, passenger side engine mount removed and jack up the side of the engine.

k1elliott

... I magaed to get a ratchet spanner in there. There's about 1" play to work with. Had to guess the torque going back on though.

Henri Stofberg

24608_ME83DRXN.jpg

From here

http://www.productionequipment.ie/2705/ ... oduct.aspx