Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

no check engine light, no self diagnostic is possible

Bodzi

Country Flag
serbia
Hi to all
I'm Bogi from Serbia, I have recently become the proud owner of a Toyota Land Cruiser 1999y, I assume 90 series, 3.0TD 1kz-te engine model. Not sure if it is Prado or Colorado.

Unfortunately, a few weeks ago, while I was on a road, the engine just loose power and died.

Since the check engine lamp, all fuses, and relays had been ok, we have mounted ECU and immobilizer from the other car, which my friend has had in a garage, and we managed to start the engine immediately. Now, we are sure that one of those two has failed, but we cannot be sure which one :). I bought a used ECU (has the same numbers on it 8966f-60780), but ECU replacing did not solve my problem or requires some sort of programming. So my question would be, how to pair ECU and immobilizer, or maybe the immobilizer is broken too. Also, ECU replacement did not power on the check engine signalization

thanks ahead
B.

There is a thread about re-sync'ing the immobiliser and ECU on a 120 - not sure if its the same for the 90.

One the 120, the ECU's dont need any sort of programming, beyond re-sync'ing with the immobiliser.

Does your 90 have an immobiliser light on the dashboard like the 120?

Hi Karl

I think I don't have. everything except the check engine light and glow plug indicator looks ok in regards to the signalization

regards

Hmm, check and see if you have this immobiliser light, and if its lit, when it goes out. That might help determine if its an immobiliser problem....

Attachments

• tempFileForShare_20210817-150207.jpg
    tempFileForShare_20210817-150207.jpg
    648.5 KB · Views: 142
this is how my instrument panel looks like. I haven't seen immo lamp going on ever on it, which also sounds strange if the car has ECU immobilizer...or maybe not.

Attachments

• 20210816_113605.jpg
    20210816_113605.jpg
    250.1 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG-95dbfb68ecc8eabf7691ca109f8b0c64-V.jpg
    IMG-95dbfb68ecc8eabf7691ca109f8b0c64-V.jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 132
Would love to know the fix for this since I have the same issue.
No check engine light at all and te1 & e1 bridge does nothing.
Turns over till the battery is dead..
Pulled the glow plug relay because there is power to the rail even after the ignition is switched of..

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back