Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

No electric Land Cruiser

The e-scooter rental scheme is aimed at children who never climbed a tree or made a toy gun out of sticks because their parents bought them an Xbox .

One such kid i know , must be early 30's and genetically blessed to appear an athletic 6ft 3 quit the illusive "job for life" money for nothing , holiday pay , pension etc as a council bin man .

"Because he had to walk to far" :wtf:

These are the people who will back anything that involves them doing nothing , brainwashed into voting for their own incarceration, believing in a perfect world everything is free and involves no effort .

Nail on Head comes to Mind there Grimbo.... My New years resolution is to give up on all iv been fighting for over the years....... Speeding Traffic through the Village, Anti social behaviour in the Village, Drugs, 70 MPH Motorcross bikes on the Back wheel, Through the Village, And every morning i pull off the driveway i drive for 10 secs before im confronted with my first Pile of McDonalds Bags /cartons and i seemed to follow this trail for the 70 mile round trip i did today........ And the wiff of Grass/Skunk/ dope ... Whatever you wanna call it is every where... My next door neighbour's 13 yr Daughter openly smokes it in the garden, Its the Norm... I gave up on Society a long time ago, It wont get better, I cant see how it can.... Good Luck to you all in 2022......

Higgy ....

Just so it's not all on a down note on current society....

Society has got better at some things.......

I have many friends whom because of shared experiences are a "band of brothers"...... we all have a story and some will never be told but PTSD is now recognised and help is available..... we span 2 generations and one of the younger guy's struggles at times .... sometimes we know he is struggling and it's now acceptable to just walk up to a 6ft man mountain and give him a man hug in recognition that he is having a "moment" and we are there....as an older generation we just kept it all inside and never showed any outwards signs... we've learnt from the younger ones it's OK not to be OK....

I agree totally Grimbo, But im not talking about that side of Society, Im talking about the other side... Anyway a debate for another time im sure, All the best Grimbo

Higgy..."the other side" are I fear a hopeless case..... I strongly suspect our views coincide completely... and most likely also the only appropriate actions for dealing with them .

My take on this is that I'd not buy a petrol car now, but I'd still invest in a diesel. I can't think of many reasons to continue producing petrol other than for cars, yet for as long as people need lubrication or cooking oil a diesel engine has a future. Maybe not the Euro6 versions that might get upset on such derv, but I'd bet in future that diesels become less picky over what they run on / the process to cheaply refine derv improves.

I can't have been the only one eyeing up the vegetable oil during the Diesel shortage a few months ago. :laughing:
this is my line of thinking also.

although diesel has been made out to be the devils evil brother, imo it will be around a lot longer than petrol.
they will also run on a various different oils.

anyway, there is a whole host of political, environmental and social issues that the planet will need to get through before we get to that point.

which i dont think we will..

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
^^^^^
Yep....diesel as a fuel is here for decades and unlike E10 when they up the bio content even to B20 it won't actually kill vehicles....

Plant and AG are not going to be running on anything but diesel for a good while....

Of note though is the dark powers and money grabbing leaders are doing away with red diesel ( or the tax relief on it ) soon.
With inflation going up quickly already the extra cost of fuel for food production will be passed onto the customer as will the extra cost on construction etc....

I have farm customers who have a standing order 8000 litre a month derv delivery and with red currently at circa 80p per litre the increase to £1.47 round here is a huge monthly increase in production costs for these businesses and their fuel bill is relatively small compared to big farming outfits

Our Old QuadTrac had a1000 litre fuel tank fitted and would gobble that up in a day when it was worked to Death..... Running that on unsubsidised Diesel would bump up the price to someone somewhere.... I used to run 14, 6 cylinder Cummins Engine Irrigation Pumps Flat out 24hrs a day just to irrigate Potatoes..... The amount of Diesel used was staggering.. we use to employ a guy full time with a Diesel Bowser just running from pump to pump keeping them going.... And over £10,000 a year licence just for the privilege of taking the water from the Trent...... If Tax relief and subsidies are taken away from Farmers ..... Food prices will only go one way... Im actually surprised Food is relatively Cheap ..........

msuk.png

Back