Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

No fan of Brexit but...

outdoordan

Supporter
For what it's worth I'm happy to report that having avoided ordering parts from France (for fear of it being too troublesome and expensive) I've just ordered 3 service kits from Nick at Euro 4x4 and it went like clockwork.

I haven't tried over-nighting things yet so don't know if that's still possible, however 4 days on one kit and 6 days on 2 more is ok. Paid VAT via DHL website on 2 and direct to vendor on the other. No import duty paid.

Cant recommend Euro 4x4 highly enough... in the days before brexit when overnight delivery was a thing in one instance i needed a small part urgently. Ordered one from Nick at 3pm and it was delivered 11am the next day. Ordered the same part from a well known UK supplier at the same time just in case. More expensive and took 12 days to deliver.

This isn't a thread about Brexit. It's a thread about ordering from France which I feared was going to be a pain in the backside actually being a piece of cake.

Happy to be wrong on this.

Shouldn't be import duty from the EU as long as the products are made in the EU. Otherwsie I think it's now 2.5% over £135 and under £630, but I have also seen some docs say this is only for gifts, otherwise it could still be variable rates dependent on the goods. Be interesting what people's experience has been. I've only bought over £135 from Amayama recently and that seemed to get past HMRC entirely!

the one that arrived yesterday was a Gates kit for the steering box. Made in Australia. Think the other two are Australian as well. One of them, the gearbox service kit is half the price of the Terrain Tamer kit.

Kinda what I've been saying for a while.... the doom and gloom merchants will have to admit at some point Covid has been a far bigger issue with parts supply .
I'm restoring an International Halftrack and 98% of the parts have to come from Dutch , Belgium or French dealers..... no issues with any of them sending parts and as you say often quicker than from UK based sellers....

Got some bit's delivered from Belgium on friday .... posted 3 days before by the seller....
South East Dan..... it's at least all in the same county now ..... hoping for completion in the spring .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Just so i can find it again

I ordered about £700 of parts from autodoc for my golf, no extra charges but was just over 2 weeks before they arrived

Back