Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Noise

I can't say I've ever found it to be a problem. However, you might try looking at some of the many Land Rover forums. If anyone is an expert on noise reduction it will be a Defender owner! (Personally I enjoy the noise of an old Defender, but I get that it could become a bit wearing for a daily driver or long distance.)

Hello Andre - I don’t know what your previous experience of Landcruisers is or what you are comparing against but they clearly aren’t as quiet as a regular road car. I’ve been spoilt driving Lexus for ~15 years and so I also thought the Landcruiser was pretty noisy when I first got it ~2.5 years ago. No 4wd experience at all prior to then.
I added some sound deadening butyl mat on the floor and rear wheel arches but I’m not convinced it made a difference. I also added some on all the door skins including the tailgate which I think did help a bit.
I must admit I was mainly trying to damp out an annoying buzz/whine I was convinced was coming from the rear left somewhere. I was completely wrong - it was related to the diesel pump - look up “spring stretch mod” if that chimes with you.

Back