Non turbo 2H diesel: might make a great overland platform

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
Last edited:
Thought on this one chaps. 1986 Ute. Says it's in good fettle underneath. Not for me really, but this might be a really good vehicle at the right price. Comes with a canopy and twin tanks. Sides come off and it even has aircon.

Worth watching.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-l...h=item56b96ef29a:g:voIAAOSwO2hbsoGD:rk:1:pf:0
I was watching this a while back... cant remember what the winning bid was. But it did sell.. Well obviously it didn't coz its back again... but I like it.. Make a good work horse

20 bids says not. We'll keep watching. Wish I had the cash actually. Might be fun

20 bids says not. We'll keep watching. Wish I had the cash actually. Might be fun
I don't think it will be a case of buy it and use it.. There will be a lot of hidden stuff to sort no doubt.. But like iv said, I like it. Be handy for me for local stuff, Something a bit different... But if he thinks its worth 10 grand.. You can get a pretty good fully kitted Hi Lux invincible for that.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
He thinks it's worth 10k which is why it's not sold. Way over priced. Get a lot more for your money importing one

Do you though? I don't want an overlander, but I do want a pickup that tows 3.5 tons that's nice and basic to look after. I've looked at ads in Australia and South Africa and I couldn't find much, if anything for 10K. Then I need to factor in about £2K(?) for importing and paperwork.

Where does it say this is a 2h? I would think 4.2N/A more likely

In 1986?? It don't say its a 2H Andy but look under your bonnet and compare engines.

Great description but forgot " just don't look underneath". Looks like a site truck to me.

The more I look at this Ute the more I'm interested. Its progress will be steady though, its like a 2 door 60 series, same sort of ride ( possibly worse) . I might try for a viewing Sat, its only an hour and a half away, at least it would satisfy my curiosity as to its condition.

I like it. Stick a roof tent on, bang a fridge slide in, pack it up and you're off.
I went to look at the exact same HiLux , down south from us. With winch, etc it had done 80,000 they are ex southern electric. It was good as new underneath very good all round.. Did a deal with the guy, next day me and the missus went to pick it up, Phoned him before I set off, THEN he tells me there is VAT on top, he wanted another 2 grand... even though I asked him 5 times about VAT... I told him to shove it... But they seem to be well looked after trucks, definitely not bashed about.There are a few on ebay...

In 1986?? It don't say its a 2H Andy but look under your bonnet and compare engines.

Great description but forgot " just don't look underneath". Looks like a site truck to me.

The more I look at this Ute the more I'm interested. Its progress will be steady though, its like a 2 door 60 series, same sort of ride ( possibly worse) . I might try for a viewing Sat, its only an hour and a half away, at least it would satisfy my curiosity as to its condition.

I stand corrected, looks like the 4.2 came in 1990

Back