Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Not another AHC question!!

Howmanygoes

Country Flag
england
i know this topic has been covered many many many times however this is more of a double check for me before I spend some cash.

I only started to look at this as when fully loaded 3 people and a shed load of kit the light on the dash dropped to low, car was still at neutral. I then started to struggle to get into h as I started doing a few green lanes, if I get out and close the door the. Press the button the vehicle will raise to h (I am 95kgs, so not that massive before you lot jump in with eat less cake). I replaced all the fluid and did a flush (though I bought the wrong replacement bleed nipples. If someone can tell me the correct size next time I do it I will replace the corroded old ones)

So I finally managed to get Techstream and my mvci to work and interface, talk about nightmare job on 64b windows 10, not a job I ever want to have to redo. Thanks @uHu, though not fully helpful a few bits were.

I took some measurements of H and N positions centre of cap to top of wheel arch. As follows (right hand drive) in mm, I went from n to l, back to n then took n readings and then to h and took h readings

OSF 523(h) 485(n)
NSF 543 (h) 510(n)
OSR 550 (h) 510(n)
NSR 555(h) 520(n)

So I am concluding that my drivers side TB needs cranking clockwise to bring it level with the NSF

There is a fair bit of additional weight (drawers, RTT, auxbattery etc). Below are the Techstream pressures and heights

Due to rear pressures I was going to swap my rear springs for the King-79’s as I also doubt they have been touched since 2001.

F4B6DC04-26D5-41F9-8185-032E9FCD213C.jpeg

Neutral screen shot

95D147E6-6C3D-4C77-B714-8E640CC3544A.jpeg

High screen shot

Have I diagnosed correctly?

I would say you are spot on. Crank front spring(s), change rear springs. If you will never drive it empty (stock weight) then go for King springs (while they are still available).
Bleeders M7 iirc.

@uHu, screen shot after 2 full turns on right tb @ neutral. I think this looks loads better. On measuring there is under 5mm between left and right front.
Just rear springs to help reduce rear pressures.

19080B61-5559-41EB-8BE9-21C8ED33EB49.jpeg

Last edited:
@uHu - King Springs fitted, looks like I have had some settling of the TBs since I adjusted them and may need to go a bit further, however pressures look better. Before and after photos: In N before king , in N after king, in H before king and in H after king

in neutral b4 king.JPG

in neutral after king.JPG

in high b4 king.JPG

in high after king.JPG

Back