Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Not funny pictures.

Welcome to Britain.jpg

Followed this on the motorway coming home today, not a pretty sight, lower right side ball joint let go, at some speed by the looks of it.

Must admit, I like not having ifs.

image.jpeg

poor souls :( thinking about doing mine but only 100k miles, mech says there is no play..............would be just my luck though!

Done mine, tbh the issue is a design fault with the toyota set up rather than IFS

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I suppose none of us are immune to a failure, I've certainly had a couple myself (sheared off steering ball joint taper pin due to seized joint and the steering output shaft shearing off just above the pitman arm).

Still, always sad to see a Land Cruiser on the back of a transporter, especially one looking that sorry for itself.

I suppose none of us are immune to a failure, I've certainly had a couple myself (sheared off steering ball joint taper pin due to seized joint and the steering output shaft shearing off just above the pitman arm).

Still, always sad to see a Land Cruiser on the back of a transporter, especially one looking that sorry for itself.
'Tis a rare sight Clive, so all the more poignant. Mine had to be recovered from a motorway after a blow out and flattened battery due to some numpty leaving the lights on. It was a sad sight but I was relieved to have been recovered.

Strangely I get a sense that a Landy is quite at home up there. :)

I just chanced upon this
and remembered some speculation about whether a pic of an airborne 80 was photoshopped a few months ago - perhaps not eh

poor souls :( thinking about doing mine but only 100k miles, mech says there is no play..............would be just my luck though!
there wasn't any play in mine Steve - until it let go.I don't have the file at hand but in the Toyota workshop manual the procedure to check involves a dial test indicator & more than .5 mm play & it needs replacing

The 100 doesn't have that setup, as the ball joint is the other way around, pressing the ball into the socket, not hanging from it, if you get the picture. Is this a problem on the 90 and 120 only?

I think the 120 is the same as the '100' - Toyota learned their lesson!

Bob.

I put this picture here not so much that it isn't funny but because of my hobby of collecting old badges.
The five badges shown here of the fruits with a Golly face on them are Robertson's Jam Pre war badges and extremely rare and can sell for over £100 each, this collection was sold in an auction for just over £10. The guardsman soldier is also quite rare.
Someone got a real bargain unfortunately not me!
ENAMEL BADGES.jpg

Back