Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

not in my life time..(Literally)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-...RWhMQ9Y9SQLP2Rc8qFPyiUueXjONGVaUiVbPph4AlX_7Y I Love the way this is Hammered Home to People who are Deemed to have Thinking Difficulties ..The Bigger picture would reveal a demand on our Energy Sources so Great... The Economic world as We Know it would Stop!.. Along with all the Electric Vehicles.... 'Just saying Like'

It’s absolute nonsense Higgy, the UN has gone mad, quite literally. The IPCC report which has triggered all this AGW nonsense (and Greta bless her) is full of false data, manipulation and fraudulent tampering.

The science behind it is flawed and yet governments are sucking it up as though it’s something good. As yet there’s no replacement for what they want to ban, and the only way to achieve it would cause another crisis in a different direction. CO2 is the essential element of life on this planet and to demonize it is criminal. It’s contribution to the array of greenhouse gasses is minor in comparison with water vapor (clouds) and I suppose they will be the next thing on the demonizing list, with chem-trails to follow to disperse them.

We the people are the only ones to be able to stop this madness, if anything can stop it, and I urge everyone to bombard the government with the evidence out there supporting the folly of the government’s response to the corrupt UN and the IPCC.

Anyone interested, check out Tony Heller, Will Happer and dozens of other real climate experts, trying to put the record straight, while their sites are still on youtoob... I don’t think it will be long before they get taken down by sensorship...

This is serious fraud on a massive scale, nothing less...

Last edited:
Tony Heller (aka Steven Goddard) is not a real climate expert, he has degrees in electrical engineering and geology. Worth a look:
https://climatefeedback.org/claimre...manipulating-data-tony-heller-steven-goddard/

IMO, Tony Heller does not profess to be a Climate Scientist as such, he specializes in data reliance, the checking of origin, the use and processing of data, and in so doing he has found anomalies duly recognized as such by the original authors, yet never corrected.

For a report issued by the UN IPCC which concludes such alarming predictions, it is inconceivable to me that the governments involved make no effort to check the basis of such conclusions, instead relying on so-called peer review carried out by the same groups of scientists that authored the reports, paid for by the same funding.

This is not peer review in any sense of the meaning, and the evidence of tampering to match the agenda of the UN is overwhelming.

I ask what objection can be raised against checking something that has such dire effects on our lives in the developed world and such a devastating effect on the developing nations, effectively preventing them from emerging from poverty and all the human misery that stems from it?

The science is not settled, that’s a fact, until all these anomalies that exist in the report have been thoroughly debated, corrected, and all concerned are satisfied that it is adequate for the courses of action that will follow.

Any other approach has to be gross negligent misconduct, whatever the result.

Tony Heller is not funded by any government or anyone with a vested interest, the authors of the report were and are. Many of them that at the time scientifically concluded anything that contradicted the UN’s agenda, were cut from the funding.

Whole papers have ‘disappeared’ as a consequence, such as the late Keith Briffa an eminent British scientist who concluded something very different from the IPCC report.

I don’t want to debate this on an individual basis, everyone with an opinion should do their own research to verify their take on this. But I would encourage everyone to do this, it’s too important either way to just assume that the UN knows best.

In my view, the whole thing stinks.

Another good channel on youtoob... (there’s dozens of them raising good issues, and they’re increasing, so I’m not alone in my concerns).

Last edited:
Peer review = scientists in the same field critically assessing the work.
“In the first place, there is general scientific agreement that the most likely manner in which mankind is influencing the global climate is through carbon dioxide release from the burning of fossil fuels,"
These are the words of scientist James Black presenting a report to Exxon in 1977.
Climate change denial is a policy promoted by those who stand to loose out on any reduction in fossil fuels.
Most if not all of their arguments have been debunked
https://skepticalscience.com/William_Happer_arg.htm
As for alleviating poverty , that's not exactly going well in say Venezuela is it?
Petroleum has mostly brought corruption , war & enviromental damage to most producing countries.Small scale renewables owned by the community would be a better solution to energy poverty.

Sorry GOB, I’ve always respected your posts, but your statement that “Petroleum has mostly brought corruption , war & enviromental damage to most producing countries.Small scale renewables owned by the community would be a better solution to energy poverty” is kinda irrelevant to the AGW debate.

Petroleum, coal and more recently gas have been the founding energy sources that have allowed the last 3 or 4 or more generations in our developed countries the pleasures of lower death rates, better standard of living, medical developments, warm houses, the houses themselves, in fact everything that separates us from caveman.

A reversal or cancellation of the use of these products in a short time such as 12 years or the blatant nonsense spouted these days, would catapult us into the dark ages faster than you could spin a wind turbine.

The truth is out there, so-called renewables are short-term, uneconomic, environmentally damaging, heavily subsidized wastes of time on a nation power generation basis. Yes, a single building out in the sticks might very well benefit from a turbine in its back yard, but thousands of acres of wind farms won’t anywhere near generate half of what we consume today.

Wind turbines last 15 years on average so they need replacing regularly, and they’re made from steel concrete and plastic. The power needed to produce that steel, concrete (and we know how much the environment likes plastic) renters wind turbines as ecological failure from the get-go.

Let’s wake up to some common sense people.

As I said, I don’t want to debate this issue with individuals, I value the friendship on this forum too much to argue.

Just make your own minds up folks, but do it from all of the information to hand.

I’ve spent the last 2 years reading all I can find supporting both sides of the Climate Change debate, and I’m nowhere near convinced. I don’t aspire to any conspiracy, but there’s a lot of evidence that the science in the UN’s IPCC report was agenda led.

It needs checking, independently, that all I would ask from any government before taking the drastic action proposed, especially as its laughably unachievable. SMH.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Love your Passion Regarding this Debate Clive....I agree something needs to be done... Turning every one Electric isnt the Answer... Yes Fossil Fuels are a problem, So why are the Governments not Hammering home the Renewable Energy Solution. Wind/ Water/ and the sun are there ready to be Tapped into... Is it a question of investors not getting enough return.. Its probably easier to exploit the good old fashioned way i guess... There are some very clever people who have come up with some great Ideas regarding Renewable Energy. But lack of Investors seem to Stop them in their Tracks.....

Love your Passion Regarding this Debate Clive....I agree something needs to be done... Turning every one Electric isnt the Answer... Yes Fossil Fuels are a problem, So why are the Governments not Hammering home the Renewable Energy Solution. Wind/ Water/ and the sun are there ready to be Tapped into... Is it a question of investors not getting enough return.. Its probably easier to exploit the good old fashioned way i guess... There are some very clever people who have come up with some great Ideas regarding Renewable Energy. But lack of Investors seem to Stop them in their Tracks.....

sorry Higgy, but this debacle got my goat from the onset. I won’t debate this any more because it’s become a religion to the alarmists (I mean real alarmists not just those with genuine concerns) and I could waste my time going on forever on this subject.
I just want people to start checking and questioning the so-called science. People like Tony Heller have been threatened, hounded and are accused of all sorts of bad things simply for them raising questions.
Ok, job done end of :lol: Cheers Higgy...

Last edited:
Peer review = scientists in the same field critically assessing the work.
“In the first place, there is general scientific agreement that the most likely manner in which mankind is influencing the global climate is through carbon dioxide release from the burning of fossil fuels,"
These are the words of scientist James Black presenting a report to Exxon in 1977.
Climate change denial is a policy promoted by those who stand to loose out on any reduction in fossil fuels.
Most if not all of their arguments have been debunked
https://skepticalscience.com/William_Happer_arg.htm
As for alleviating poverty , that's not exactly going well in say Venezuela is it?
Petroleum has mostly brought corruption , war & enviromental damage to most producing countries.Small scale renewables owned by the community would be a better solution to energy poverty.
Clint Eastwood is also a Libertarian, "Minimum government, maximum freedom." is also his belief.

I'm no where as intelligent as a lot of people on here but in a recent government report. It stated generating electricity as our highest contributor to carbon emissions by a long way followed by transport. Agriculture was less than 2% so why do they blame the cows is a question
So to power the cars we will need loads more electric so how can we do that and keep our emissions down, I would say in the UK solar wind or whatever will never do the job.
The bottom line is will electric cars change our emissions I personally don't think so, then I'm only a retired farmer so I know less than nowt
I agree with Clive that other issues are going on that we may never know

What struck me since watching a few different presentations comparing the CO2 emitted by EVs compared with gasoline / diesel - predicted full life cycle, materials, manufacture, usage, and disposal - there wasn’t a great deal in it. I’m not going to quote numbers because they varied from article to article, but as predicted, the EVs did better than the gasoline / diesels, but it was only by about 15%.
Odd how EVs are often described as zero emissions... certainly in the media...

I think one of the benefits of EVs is that when in use, they are genuinely "zero emissions". So in urban areas where air pollution is becoming more and more of an issue and a real health risk, they will help. Living very close to a relatively busy crossroad/junction for the past 20 years, I have first hand experience of how increasing traffic volumes has meant a decrease in air quality.

However, we are just shifting the problem elsewhere....no easy answers I'm afraid.

Also agree that lifecycle emissions for ICE vehicles Vs Electric vehicles are not that far apart.

It’s all a political game, I swear. Boris announces no ICE engined vehicles to be registered after 2035 without a mention as to how everyone will manage with the only viable BEV alternative.
Apart from hydroelectric, nuclear power is the only way IMO. Did Boris mention a nuclear power programme? Did he ‘ek as like. It’s not much help to the planet to plug BEVs into a fossil fueled power supply, now is it? SMH.

I skimmed through the link in first post without even reading it , why concern ourselves with the whole farcical folly when 10 years from now there will be a whole new bunch of muppets pushing an alternative "crisis" to earn their bribes from corporate wealth .

Headlines 2030 "oil is the answer we must scrap electric cars if we want to save the planet"

I skimmed through the link in first post without even reading it , why concern ourselves with the whole farcical folly when 10 years from now there will be a whole new bunch of muppets pushing an alternative "crisis" to earn their bribes from corporate wealth .

Headlines 2030 "oil is the answer we must scrap electric cars if we want to save the planet"

Yes Shayne, I can see that one coming after we’ve wasted millions on BEV infrastructure for no visible benefit.

Im sorry i brought this upon you Clive!.... Let it go mate, Let it go,:lol:... Oh! by the way, Is the new HS2 set up going to be fully Electric Only... I doubt it And how does Boris think it is going to be built.... With not a drop of Red Diesel or oil used any where in its full Construction...."Go Electric"!.. What a load of Hypocritical Bollox.. I wonder how many thousands of litres of Diesel and Oil will be consumed in This start to finish project ?

Im sorry i brought this upon you Clive!.... Let it go mate, Let it go,:lol:... Oh! by the way, Is the new HS2 set up going to be fully Electric Only... I doubt it And how does Boris think it is going to be built.... With not a drop of Red Diesel or oil used any where in its full Construction...."Go Electric"!.. What a load of Hypocritical Bollox.. I wonder how many thousands of litres of:lol: Diesel and Oil will be consumed in This start to finish project ?

oooooh, lots! Think of all that poisonous CO2 in manufacture and installation.

I know nothing of the HS2 specifically, but typically it would be electric only as a HS train system, but the track can be shared with diesel-electric and diesel locos if they want to.
AFAIK it’s a new line so lots more conventional earthworks and structures to be built, bridges, culverts and of course concrete and steel in the trackwork, tunnels and station facilities.
It’s a good project though if you’ve got the best part of £100bn burning a hole in your pocket.

Don’t worry, I’m resigned to all the bs talk yet to come about human contribution to climate change. I recon I’m a fully fledged Victor Meldrew these days, so ignore me :lol:

oooooh, lots! Think of all that poisonous CO2 in manufacture and installation.

I know nothing of the HS2 specifically,
AFAIK it’s a new line so lots more conventional earthworks and structures to be built, bridges, culverts and of course concrete and steel in the trackwork, tunnels and station facilities.

Don’t worry, I’m resigned to all the bs talk yet to come about human contribution to climate change.
I recon I’m a fully fledged Victor Meldrew these days, so ignore me :lol:
Plus there is the personal costs to be considered, some friends of mine sold their home before it became subject to compulsory purchase to make way for HS2. (I don't know if that has happened to anyone yet but they didn't want to be stuck with a payment that didn't reflect all the modernisation they had done to the property)
Oh and Clive I think I've become a grumpy old bugger too.

Back