Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Not sure about the mileage on this 70

Bund

Country Flag
great_britain
Ben pointed out to me before about the digits being out of line on a clock usually being the sign of foul play, 60k on 30 year land cruiser with a front tow bar could be the other one? Bidders seem to believe it to be true though.

Tricky . Looks very tidy but the front towbar is typical of something that's been used as a tug on a caravan site or a boatyard.That could explain the low mileage but lots of work on site , without warming the engine isn't a good thing.

[GOB that would add up, I didn't know about that front tow bar use on parks.

The cluster line of digits does look a bit off though as some of the digits should be nowhere near turning over due to next in line number. Looks a tidy car though.

Look at the MOT History. The mileage seems to add up, But Tyre wear, Brake Pads, Corrosion, Bearings, Oil leak, .....It seems to have suffered from Wheel bearings, oil leaks, and Tyre wear even at only 39,000 miles...... You shouldnt expect that on any car.... I would definitely be suspicious of the mileage, The wear and tear at such low mileage doesn't add up..... MOT man says underneath smeared with grease etc etc, Corrosion mentioned to underneath, Seat belt points and brake pipes. AND its advertised as Mint..... Mmmm!

Just had a look at the list of things wrong on the Mots which start as far back as 2006 at 30k, I'd have a guess it was clocked in 2005.

That or it's been sat in wet fields or used as a launch as that history states things were deteriorating at 30k. Lol

Its been used in a boatyard.

If its been putting boats into water I wouldnt touch it.

Pete

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Look at the MOT History. The mileage seems to add up, But Tyre wear, Brake Pads, Corrosion, Bearings, Oil leak, .....It seems to have suffered from Wheel bearings, oil leaks, and Tyre wear even at only 39,000 miles...... You shouldnt expect that on any car.... I would definitely be suspicious of the mileage, The wear and tear at such low mileage doesn't add up..... MOT man says underneath smeared with grease etc etc, Corrosion mentioned to underneath, Seat belt points and brake pipes. AND its advertised as Mint..... Mmmm!

Reading this got me thinking on how a car will suffer if not used , no mileage means no servicing , when bearing dont roll they seize , seals and rubber dries up , rust in the engine bay because it rarely gets warm and dry .

Devil's advocate says look at the handbrake lever and steering wheel , gear stick and drivers seat , i have bought two too good to be true old ridiculously low mileage cars for the kids and on both the only thing not original was the battery , no regrets at all so go see it and decide for yourself i would say .

Old guy across the road from me only keeps a car as a sort of memento to his independence , he drives from the back of the house to the front to park sometimes and thats about it . A few month back he bought what may as well be a brand new car for £900 off a mate of his who did the same but finally decided to give up his license .

Its a funny old world .

Back