Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Not usually this jammy

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
Well, never won the lottery, rarely stumbled into a no holds barred free Scandinavian orgy, never found a beer dray with the keys in the ignition, lost a penny and found a fiver... In fact, I must be the only bloke who has NEVER won on the Readers Digest.

But, what's this?

IMGP4132.jpg

I wonder what on Earth could be inside these boxes?

It certainly looks intriguing. Must be something very special.

IMGP4133.jpg

Oh my word. You have to be kidding. What - boxed, can this be true?

IMGP4134.jpg

So what's the story? Ahh well, that's for another time. But I have secured 6 of these beauties. One as a spare for my current truck and a full set of five for a rainy day. As far as I am aware this is last of the UK stock.
They are professionally refurbished Toyota warranty items. Can't say quite how I came by them at the sec or what I paid for 6 but it would make you choke. Well my ship had to come in someday. OK so I'm easily chuffed, what can I say. Incidentally, if you do want some 80 wheels Karl has some on the bay at the second. They go very well on a Colorado by the way.

IMGP4135.jpg

Chris

You were asking for this kind of response... JAMMY SOD!!
:drool:

Well done though! So having tossed the "runaways" and recently fitted your Coopers, what tyres might be gracing those beauties, may I ask? Do I see traction being lost at the edge of the slippery slope to 35" tyres or bigger??? :music-deathmetal:

BTW Rumour has it Mr. Rubie has a set of giant Procomps (325/85 or something) that he might consider selling :whistle:

I know. Not often I get to be smug. Someone else's misfortune was my good luck, I am sorry to say. I have no plans at all for the spare 5. I might get another 255.85 ST to stick on as a second spare for the roof rack. Or, maybe swap it for the steel spare underneath and have the steelie as an emergency. The other set have gone up in the loft for that rainy day. Stocks of decent 80 wheels have to be dwindling and as so many or being exported, I have to think about the future. Just having a spare set makes things so much easier. Shame they aren't black though!! Too good to dip and strip in my view.

Chris

Nice Chris...... if you find you are running out of space in your loft let me know. I'll be happy to "trial" them on LB :twisted:

They look at bit ornamental Chris, like they should be hung on the wall instead of packed away in the loft :lol:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Jon, you haven't met the current Missus. If I were to mention that, it wouldn't be the wheels that were hanging as an ornament on the wall I can tell you. I only brought them in this afternoon, put them under the stairs in in ten mins they were on the landing ready to go up! I can't put a knife down in the kitchen without it being cleared away. Not that she's obsessive or anything, in fac.....

Damn, she just tried to tidy my keyboard away. Get off woman, I'm still typing!!!!!!

Chr

Chris said:
Incidentally, if you do want some 80 wheels Karl has some on the bay at the second. They go very well on a Colorado by the way.

Chris

Nice find! I've been after some for a while now for my 90 - can you point me at Karl's ebay link, I've looked but can't find it?

Cheers
Et

Sorry, been out all day. That's them. They are white as Karl says, but with some Nitromors and a bit of wire wool, they come up OK I reckon. I had a look at one on Monday when I was round his place.

Chris

Well that'll teach me not to be so smug. Contacted Toyota today (again) to find out where my last two shiny wheels are. Oops, there has been a stock accounting error and the computer says no. The chap in the Toyota warehouse has admitted that he didn't physically check the stock and took the computer at its word and there were in fact only four, not 6.

Well I still have the four and can pick up a single somewhere at some point I guess to make up a set of five. I wanted to get another Cooper ST on one of the rims to make a set of 6 as they are going to be impossible to get come Jan 1st. The chances of destroying one of them during their life is quite high I suppose and having a spare spare would have been handy. I may still get the tyre and just store it off the rim. It felt so good there for a while too.

Damn :cry:

C

Back