Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

OBD2 Connector

karl2000

Supporter
Country Flag
great_britain
I saw this video on YouTube regarding using an a Autophix 3210 ODB2 dongle on a 120 -

My 2006 LC4 won't work with this, so mine isnt OBD2 compliant, but obviously some 120's are.

My connector has pins in positions 4, 6, 7, 9, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 - see attached.

Looking at Which OBD2 Protocol Is Supported By My Vehicle? - OBD Station - [Leaving Land Cruiser Club] that doesnt correspond to any OBD2 protocol.

Anyone got a 120 that works with OBD2, and if so what pins does your connector use? I assume it needs a different ECU to make it work?

(I was thinking it would be nice to have torque pro dials up on an android auto headunit!)

Attachments

• tempFileForShare_20200529-204845.jpg
    tempFileForShare_20200529-204845.jpg
    612.8 KB · Views: 221
I have a 2009 120 invincible and it works on OBD2 its connector pins use number 4,5,6,7,9,12,13,14,15,16 so the only difference to yours is I have pin number 5 in use as well as your pins that are used .

Morning, I to have a 2006 LC4 and it does not support OBD.

It appears that whilst vehicles in the US or AUS did, the European and UK versions didn’t. Although the ODB was mandatory in the US it wasn’t here in the UK and it’s pot luck which manufacturer put it in. See Good ODB write up here [external site]

Only was is Toyota TIS and a dedicated cable (standard OBD doesn’t work). Cables and a “copy” of the software can be got easily off fleebay. Pain though as I wanted to install OBD software on my android headset to get real time data.

Last edited:
Morning, I to have a 2006 LC4 and it does not support OBD.

It appears that whilst vehicles in the US or AUS did, the European and UK versions didn’t. Although the ODB was mandatory in the US it wasn’t here in the UK and it’s pot luck which manufacturer put it in. See Good ODB write up here [external site]

Only was is Toyota TIS and a dedicated cable (standard OBD doesn’t work). Cables and a “copy” of the software can be got easily off fleebay. Pain though as I wanted to install OBD software on my android headset to get real time data.
I have three of those handheld OBD2 scanners and they all work on my 120 and its a UK spec 120

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Anyone tried strapping pin 4 and 5 together as that seems to be the only electrical difference?

So much for this idea - just tested two bluetooth dongles and those pins are strapped together in the dongle anyway!

My 120 was registered in the UK in july 2009 its a 120 invincible its UK reg was BG09 WHE and it was made in the toyota factory in December 2008 , it also came with Bluetooth as standed with steering wheel controls for audio and phone , something I dont see on older 120s ,
, it also has real black walnut wood on the dash, doors and steering wheel,

Hi all
I also face the same issue with my LC120
Mine has it's first registration at 2005 and the model type is KDJ120L-GKFEYW
I have also tried more than 5 OBD2 and none works.
Any new ideas?

Do you need a Bluetooth dongle to connect to your phone or are you just looking for something to connect and read codes?

Actually both.
The one i ve got is the blue tooth one but i have tried also others more hi tech and nothing works.

Last edited by a moderator:
The OBD2 that I have works perfectly to another LC120 that a friend of mine has.
This LC is the one before the facelift.
Mine is the one after the facelift.
I think I have the problem described above

Techstream installed on a suitable laptop is probably you're best bet to get data. If you need a handheld unit you could use a Denso Intelligent Tester 2.

Unfortunately, I've had no success with bluetooth on my 2006 model.

Also to highlight that i have changed the injectors and they also updated my ECU software to support them.
Even with a new software the OBD is not getting connected

The main purpose was to see real time the readings from the engine via a hand tool. (My android mobile)
Denso Intelligent Tester 2 is an expensive tool for professionals so not for me.....
Thanks anyway
I agree that i stand low chances to find a solution so I have abandoned the case...

Did they actually upgrade the ECU software version? (From what version to what version?)

Or did they just register the injector compensation codes in the ECU?

Some other handhelds do work - I've used an Autel MD805.

Did they actually upgrade the ECU software version? (From what version to what version?)

Or did they just register the injector compensation codes in the ECU?
They upgraded it so the new upgraded injectors work properly.
The injectors were already registered

Back