Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

OBD2 Port on a 24v

Higgy

Country Flag
denmark
Maybe another one of my Thick questions...But does a 1996/7 24v have a OBD2 port 16pin jobbie or is it the old style diagnostics like in the early 12v...... Ta!

Ok did not think so.. Looked on google but just got American sites some say later Petrol versions were OBD2 But there were always conflicting answers... Thanks anyway Mate

the diesel 80s are OBD 1, basic flash codes for ABS and cruise control iirc,
the petrol 1fz fe with electronic fuel injection has a more modern ECU and OBD 2.
this is where devices such as scan gauge etc can be plugged into the diagnostics port to give real time information on rpm,water/oil temp etc etc.

Cheers Mike.. For sale!! Still in the Box, Never used OBD2 reader Bargain.... only £5.99:lol:

Last edited:
Lol!
When you get your £5.99 (ono).
Invest it in a good quality paper clip. That's all you need to read obd 1 on the 80..:)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Lol!
When you get your £5.99 (ono).
Invest it in a good quality paper clip. That's all you need to read obd 1 on the 80..:)
Iv got one all ready tucked into the lapel of my overalls, Iv just bought a 24v... And was gonna take my OBD reader just to give it a once over.. Never been under the bonnet of a 24v so didn't Know either way really.. But as you say a Paper clip will do...:thumbup:

Back