Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Odd indicator problem

warrenpfo

Wonder if anyone can help.

When i use my right indicator only on its own all is good. If i brake with the indicator on the brake light and indicator light flash alternately. If i have my light on and use the right indicator the same happens but on its own its all good.

Now you going to ask if i have any wiring done recently or played with anything and i cant think of one thing that i could have done that may cause this Apart from a recently fitted alarm which when it goes off or you press the remote the indicators flash to alert you it set.

What i find odd is that its only just one indicator and not both.

Any advise on how to trace it would be greatly appreciated as its playing havoc with my trailer when i tow and confusing the crap out of drivers when i brake and indicate at the same time

Look at me advising on eletrickery :lol: but IME a bad earth often causes your symptoms Warren, probably on the brake light bulb carrier at the back. If the earth connection is weak, it will try to earth through the indicator or rear light. It probably won't take much to have the lense of and fiddle with the bulb carriers.

You can ignore this if you want, someone who knows what they're talking about will soon be along.

Shouting "Richard" ??..... :lol:

Ditto what Clive says

Back