Off to Mongolia finally!!!!!

Rob

Mar 1, 2010
Bristol
Garage
Just a quick thread with a couple of photos of the truck ready for the 20k mile trip to Mongolia and back. We were meant to leave last week but we could not get the air con fixed in time. After getting the condensor, compressor, dryer and 2 pipes repaced we are finally ready to leave. Ferry booked for tonight :character-beavisbutthead: We will be back in mid september so wish us luck.
DSC08361.JPG

DSC08362.JPG

DSC08363.JPG

BTW please move if in wrong section, thanks.

Don't like the adverts? Remove them by becoming a supporting member.   Click here
Jun 10, 2010
Dubai, U.A.E
Garage
You have no idea how jelous I am.

Take as many photos and videos as you possibly can and even make a video diary everyday just summing up what you've done or about to do today. In years to come you'll look back with fond memories.

Lorin

Mar 28, 2010
Bournemouth
Best of luck Rob. Mongolia will be stunning this time of year. I look forward to the trip report.

Lorin

Jimbo4x4

I am in great_britain
Mar 2, 2010
Wirral, GB
Garage
Got a reort from Rob & Halina last night, they stopped up last night in Zakopane in Poland. All sounds well :thumbup:

Rob

Mar 1, 2010
Bristol
Garage
Thanks gus we are alive and well in Zakopane, it took us 28 hours to drive here with 5 hours sleep. Im my golf it only took 18 hours :shock: Will updates as much as I can. GTG

Rob

Mar 1, 2010
Bristol
Garage
Andrew we have two long drives at the begninig of the trip as we are staying at freinds and family in Zakopane and Moscow. We will leave for Moscow on Sunday and we should be there on Monday.

We went for a drive today and we got very stuck. There were some impossible ruts up ahead and so we had to reverse. As we were in ruts we could not get out of them and got stuck when reversing. So we needed to use the winch but the power steering was playing up and our winch is hydrualic... Did i mention there was a thunderstorm too!

DSC08392.JPG

and then it started to rain hard
DSC08393.JPG

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks