Off to Mongolia finally!!!!!

Rob

Garage
Just a quick thread with a couple of photos of the truck ready for the 20k mile trip to Mongolia and back. We were meant to leave last week but we could not get the air con fixed in time. After getting the condensor, compressor, dryer and 2 pipes repaced we are finally ready to leave. Ferry booked for tonight :character-beavisbutthead: We will be back in mid september so wish us luck.
DSC08361.JPG

DSC08362.JPG

DSC08363.JPG

BTW please move if in wrong section, thanks.

Crispin

Administrator
Staff member
Guru
Country Flag
great_britain
Good luck and enjoy!!! Need pics and regular updates ;)

Andrew Prince

Good luck, Rob! I was starting to wonder if you'd ever manage to leave :mrgreen:

Looking forward to the regular updates!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

AndyCook

Garage
Country Flag
scotland
all the best - enjoy the adventure!
and hope you can send back reports and photos!

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
europe
Hi Rob, you know were all here to help out if the wheels come off. Metaphorically speaking of course!!

Have a great trip.

Chris

Gav Peter

Country Flag
england
Hey dude - glad you're finally ready for the off & managed to talk Halinka back into the trip... Bluddy Ewan McGregor :lol:

Have a superb time :mrgreen:

Garage
You have no idea how jelous I am.

Take as many photos and videos as you possibly can and even make a video diary everyday just summing up what you've done or about to do today. In years to come you'll look back with fond memories.

Gary Stockton

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
zimbabwe
Good luck, have a blast - hope it all goes fantastically well!!

chadr

Garage
Country Flag
england
Good Luck - Have a great time (I'm sure you will!) :D

Look forward to seeing loads of pics... :thumbup:

Lorin

Best of luck Rob. Mongolia will be stunning this time of year. I look forward to the trip report.

Lorin

Jimbo4x4

Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
Got a reort from Rob & Halina last night, they stopped up last night in Zakopane in Poland. All sounds well :thumbup:

Rob

Garage
Thanks gus we are alive and well in Zakopane, it took us 28 hours to drive here with 5 hours sleep. Im my golf it only took 18 hours :shock: Will updates as much as I can. GTG

Andrew Prince

Hey Rob!
Glad to hear it's all going well - try and enjoy the drive too as you charge east :mrgreen:
I hope the aircon is working well!

Cheers,

Rob

Garage
Andrew we have two long drives at the begninig of the trip as we are staying at freinds and family in Zakopane and Moscow. We will leave for Moscow on Sunday and we should be there on Monday.

We went for a drive today and we got very stuck. There were some impossible ruts up ahead and so we had to reverse. As we were in ruts we could not get out of them and got stuck when reversing. So we needed to use the winch but the power steering was playing up and our winch is hydrualic... Did i mention there was a thunderstorm too!

DSC08392.JPG

and then it started to rain hard
DSC08393.JPG