Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Off to Mongolia finally!!!!!

brilliant photos - great adventure.
that bridge looked well dodgy! was the river deep

The river was only up to the top of the wheels but the current and rocky bottom was too much for the bikes, but they learnt the hard way after getting water in the engine after a fall.

run out of updates? Maybe Rob's stuck in the Mongolia / China traffic jam. Some guys been there for 9 days!

Nice pics, and great story so far. Thanks

On my way back now, been to lake Baikal and now in Perm, will update in when I get to Poland.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Saw your car on road Perm-Ekaterinburg.
On a rear screen has read the site name.
Very interesting travel! :thumbup:

Hi Serg, welcome to the site, I wondered if anyone actually read the sticker on the back turns out people do...

Currently in Poland, Warsaw after a stop in Olsztyn. Came in from the north through Latvia and Lithuania. Unfortunately I only have rear wheel drive as a UJ deteriorated quite rapidly over only 500 miles from first symptoms.

Hi, Rob! I the first time have seen in Russia the car from England. Many of my friends are interested in such distant travel.
I, when have seen you, have thought, you travel from the Far East.
Uniforms, you could repair a drive gear and in Russia. TLC-80 - it is popular and favourite by many.
How your impressions of the Russian roads?

Where in Russia are you Serg?

Overall Russian roads were better than I expected. Some are actually very good, most of them are OK but you do come across some really bad ones, so bad that lorries are reduced to walking pace. But that makes overtaking them easier :mrgreen:

The UJ got really bad in Poland, thats where I removed the prop shaft. Turns out Toyota Poland is more of a rip off than Toyota UK when it comes to parts. 480 PLN plus tax for a UJ (thats 101 GBP plus tax)!

In Zakopane currently, my last stop before come back to the UK.

Yes, between road big cities good...
The best roads are in the west and the country south where lives more people.
I am glad that you there was a good opinion
I will wait returnings and many photos with the description ;)

Back in blighty! 7 weeks and approximately 22k kms (I need to check that). Got a puncture just before the ferry and managed to change it on the ferry :shock: fastest tyre change ever, as I did not want to be near a loaded 80 on a bottle jack at sea. More on how it happened later...

Ill start on the trip write up, I have a travel journal that needs heavy modification and shortening for internet use. And yes plenty of photos :D

On a side note took it for an MOT today and it failed but only on hadbrake (4% efficiency :lol: ) and exhaust, but I was expecting that seeing as I left to go to Mongolia with a hole in it...

Welcome back, Rob!! Glad all is well and we're looking forward to hearing more detail about your trip!!

Cheers,

Welcome back! Looking forward to the pics and [long] write up!

Hi and welcome back. Looking forward to the write up :thumbup:

Welcome back. Pretty impressive I reckon. Look forward to hearing/reading the details.

You coming to Lincomb..?

which lincomb? aren't there 2 events in the near future?

Back