Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Oil Filter

Higgy

Country Flag
denmark
Decided to do the 5,000 mile oil change on the 80, Any how i found an oil filter in the Shed, Its a Alco SP-993 24x 1.5 thread... Looks like a Landcruiser filter ... But trying to cross reference the Number doesn't come up with Much.... But cant think why i would have it, Unless it was for the 120 or the Colorado... Looking up thread size for the 80 Diesel comes back with 24x1.5 or 18x 1.5..... But i cant remember which in the Past.... Enlighten me someone Please...... :confusion-shrug: ...... Shame to drop the oil to find the Filter wont Fit

I have an oil/ filter change scheduled shortly. While picking the filter off the shelf I managed to drop the bugger and put a nice dent in it. :angry-screaming:Nothing sounds loose inside so I think it should still be OK.

05E5076E-1517-4095-9C88-A73A70400A1B.jpeg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I know this is a bit late but, the thread on the filter mount is an odd one for sure, I tried to get an adaptor but no joy. I am not too happy about the dent though, could it have misplaced or damaged the filter medium, don't want 'bit's to fall off, just a little something to keep you awake at night?

Regards

Dave

I still dont Know what BFH Means.......... Hopefully done the Last and Final repair on this Pointless thing, Whatever it Does, It had a Hairline Crack and would spew oil over the Rocker cover I repaired it a couple of years ago, Toyota wanted Nearly £50 for a new one, I still haven't forgot the £140 for a tail gate Badge.......
DSCF0385.JPG

All Done Now ... All good for another 5,000........ Thats an Impressive collection Mike.... All i have are these, One for every Occasion...
DSCF0388.JPG

I still dont Know what BFH Means.......... Hopefully done the Last and Final repair on this Pointless thing, Whatever it Does, It had a Hairline Crack and would spew oil over the Rocker cover I repaired it a couple of years ago, Toyota wanted Nearly £50 for a new one, I still haven't forgot the £140 for a tail gate Badge.......
Mine was the same, prior to replacement the MOT guy said the emissions were unstable - what ever that means - but after replacing, at the next MOT they were stable and it ran smoother. Not that it says so on it, but there is an in and out.

Back