Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Oil lights staying on

Boss lady

We have 2 80 series. Both have oil light staying on. The N reg had a bit of a roasting. Replaced radiator but oil light stays on. Any thoughts?? The R reg just went thru Mot. Oil light is coming on then off then back on flashing then goes off. Both cars oil levels all good. No leaks can be seen . R reg driving fine. N has occasional lag when picking away (this one got roasted) any info or suggestion appreciated.

Are you showing oil pressure? The oil light is normally the sensor in the sump, the 80 not having an oil pressure light. Oh, and welcome.

regards

Dave

Hi, welcome to the forum, boss :lol:

Are the gauges showing pressure? My sender has just given up, well almost, it registers only the width of the needle now, whereas it used to get up to the first mark at running speed.

I'm getting mine tested at the service, they'll put a gauge on it to check that the pressure is in range.

80s are not known for oil pressure problems, but you never know.

Do they sound as they should, when running?

As Clive said, the 80 us not known for oil problems however, the gauge (or rather sender) is known to be a pain. They are easy enough to adjust, but of course only after having a master gauge in there to check the true pressure. Sender adjustment is covered in a thread I run on i8MUD, link in sig.

regards

Dave

Back