Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Oil pressures

Alrightchief

Morning guys

without me getting technical

would any of you be willing to put down type of oil used and take a picture of the dash oil pressure @ 2500 revs?
Thanks a bunch!

Morning guys

without me getting technical

would any of you be willing to put down type of oil used and take a picture of the dash oil pressure @ 2500 revs?
Thanks a bunch!
I presume you would like it at normal running temp? May I ask, what are you hoping to see?

Next time I'm out driving I'll take a shot of the oil pressure gauge in the car for you.

Hope this helps in the mean time.:)
Screenshot 2020-01-31 at 17.35.51.png Screenshot 2020-01-31 at 17.41.02.png

Last edited by a moderator:
excellent thank you
Your welcome,

BTW, the Toyota oil pressure gauge on the dash is notoriously inaccurate, the only way to get an accurate oil pressure reading is to do the below.

BTW again, the '43 psi at idle' on the second page (SS 24) is a misprint, it should read 4.3 PSI, the Toyota 'proof reader' must have been drunk on Sucky that day.:dance::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling:
Untitled 3.png Untitled4.png

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Your welcome,

BTW, the Toyota oil pressure guage on the dash is notoriously inaccurate, the only way to get an accurate oil pressure reading is to do the below.

BTW again, the '43 psi at idle' on the second page (SS 24) is a misprint, it should read 4.2 PSI, the Toyota 'proof reader' must have been drunk on Sucky that day.:dance::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling:
View attachment 163665 View attachment 163666
Yes that is what I was trying to gauge the margin of error on the dash! Thank you

i assume these pressures are for the diesel not the v8

i assume these pressures are for the diesel not the v8
The oil pressures for the Petrol V8 and Diesel are very, very similar, at idle & at 3,000 rpm.

Hope this helps.

You could if you wanted to be really nerdy, remove the oil pressure switch/sender from the block, install a 'T' piece or 'Y' piece, then you could have the gauge under the bonnet fixed permanently and the Toyota gauge on the dash.

Sort of thing I would do, if I could be bothered.:)

I assume the picture above with 5W30 oil viscosity is for gasoline engine. My FSM tel another story about the oil viscosity (1HZ, 1HD−T, 1HD−FTE ENGINE) :

1.jpg

I assume the picture above with 5W30 oil viscosity is for gasoline engine. My FSM tel another story about the oil viscosity (1HZ, 1HD−T, 1HD−FTE ENGINE) :

View attachment 164156
What story does you FSM read? If you’re in Canada then your climate is much different than here in the UK, so you will use different viscosity's at different times of the year.

View attachment 164156
The oil pressures in the diesel and the petrol are very, very similar at idle and at 3000 rpm when warm, I have a diesel I use 5w30 all year round and my oil pressures are within specifications. I was also told by my Toyota Dealer some time ago, that Toyota in the UK only use 5W30 in all their petrol and diesel vehicles.

IMG_1798.jpg

My HDJ100 is from France but the pics of the FSM I have is not specific to a particular country. The chart refer to «europe» anyway.

Back