Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Old battery only charges to 7.8V

Matt Wright

Garage
Country Flag
south_africa
Hi all
I found an nice looking battery in the communal garage that has bene left to the wolves. I took it upstairs and gave it a nice clean and filled it with 1 litre of distilled water. It was completely dry.
Charged it for 24, 48 and more hours but it won't get to more than 7.8V charge.
I'm more than sure it's poked, but was wondering if there's a way to fix it? Does it sound like some cells are dead?
Is it worth salvaging given that new batteries are £50+++
It's a lead acid Bosch for interest.

Open to any ideas.. Thanks

Knackered. There's a dead cell in there somewhere - probably why it was lurking in the garage. Standing dry won't have helped any :-(

Cool, thanks Gary.. I asked in blind hope! :oops:
If you're still in Londres, let's meet up.. I didn't see the post about the last meeting :(

Yep still here - Angela was down last week, so pretty busy doing touristy stuff. Can do Friday?

Back on topic - trade the battery in on a new one!

Matt Wright said:
Cool, thanks Gary.. I asked in blind hope! :oops:
If you're still in Londres, let's meet up.. I didn't see the post about the last meeting :(
Note for your diary Matt, the next one is the 22nd December I think :think:

Trade it in - as in walk in to the store (Halfrauds?) and ask?

Thank you Chas. I'll bethere. Locked and loaded..
We're off to sunny Scotland the following day :happy-wavemulticolor:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Well you can in sunny SA - I'm sure I saw a sign about it in Halfwits also?

And do we get to see you up in not-so-sunny Edinburgh??

Will sure try - it's a 3:03 drive and I'm guessing the weather will impact that (heavily)
Ok, edit, for real : if the weather further north of Inverness is a blocker, we'll come visit you 100%. If it's Aurora Borealis season we'll have to head north!

I'll let you know cause we haven't seen Angela in aaaages. And you too of course :lol:

Back