Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

On this day in history

On this day in 1999 Australian voters reject a proposal to break ties with the British monarchy and become a republic.

On this day in 1974 Lord Lucan went missing.

On this day in 1984 The government announces that the £1 note is to leave circulation.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
On this day in 1973 The wedding of the Queen's only daughter, Princess Anne, takes place at Westminster Abbey.

and the bridemaids all wore matching bridles. HAHAHA

On this day in 1987 Twenty-seven people are killed in a fire at King's Cross underground station in central London.

I remember this well, one of my relations was a fireman called to there.

On this day in 1995 Britain's first National Lottery draw is shown live on BBC One.

1859 English naturalist Charles Darwin publishes "On the Origin of Species" radically changing the view of evolution and laying the foundation for evolutionary biology, and the design of the first Land Cruiser. :laughing-rolling:

On this day in history, What ever happend to the 'Likely Lads'

Last edited by a moderator:
Deaths On This Day – 24 November
1991 Freddie Mercury
:icon-cry::icon-cry::icon-cry::icon-cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Good riddens to him, fk him. There's no such thing as a lord! Born with the title! Wasn't he a backgammon gambler?
I think he's playing Backgammon with Jimmy Hoffa on a big Backgammon board in the sky.

Well I didn't know that. on this day in 2008 – The final 80-Series vehicle was manufactured in Venezuela. It was the only country that produced the vehicles even after production had officially ended in Japan in 1997.

On this day in 1987 Twenty-seven people are killed in a fire at King's Cross underground station in central London.

I remember this well, one of my relations was a fireman called to there.
Sad day, I remember it well.

On this day in 1995 Britain's first National Lottery draw is shown live on BBC One.
I remembe this day very well, I sat glued to the telly I was so close to winning the jackpot, I was only 6 numbers out.

Sorry, I've become a serial poster, I just can't help it, I think I need counselling :laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling:

Back