Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

One day I hope to be able to do a right angle and a straight line!!

Ooh oooh, not wishing to detract for one second on what's been built here, damn fine, but here's a shot of that Ullstein build. I think it's worth seeing. The clever thing is that they've built a sort of frame that's fixed in place and largely accessible through the side windows. It's all storage and whatnot. But, the whole floor pulls out on a slide like I have in the Hilux leaving the frame behind of course. This maximises the space in the back of the vehicle. Total cost including the fridge, water tanks, water heater, fridge and the metal hard top canopy was E8000. Picture doesn't do it justice. There's a cooker that pulls out, a sink, shower, electric water heater, cupboards and get this, an espresso machine. Plus an inverter and various plugs and sockets from the leisure battery. All the cabling was on that multi link cable rail stuff. I liked it. Much of the stuff was built onto its own slider too, so the base slid out and then the cupboards and fridge all slid out again.

View attachment 157749
Looks ace... but that slide out is more than my 4x4 Sprinter cost... and I can get all that stuff inside, and sleep, and carry 4 people. I like nice kit, but I do think its easy to get seduced into spending a lot of cash on this stuff...

Oh you're not wrong there Dave. You should see what I've gone ans done to the Hilux for a two weeks stay in Germany. Oops. Got seduced by shiny stuff again.

Oh you're not wrong there Dave. You should see what I've gone ans done to the Hilux for a two weeks stay in Germany. Oops. Got seduced by shiny stuff again.
I saw that, magic what you can knock up with a few spare parts :)

Back