Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

One reason why I Love Cyprus

TALAMAN

Country Flag
cyprus
The boss and I decided to go for a drive in BFT as it was so nice today. We drove 60+KM on forest tracks and saw only two 4x4's. Funnily enough, we stopped having a coffee at a great viewpoint (shown in one of the two photos I hope to upload) when my mate arrived from the opposite direction completely unannounced! He had decided to drive from Nicoisa to Paphos ....off road!! Well, mostly.:auto-driving::auto-driving:

Then later on, we stopped of in a picnic area for the last of the coffee. It is two years since we sold the Samurai and really missed it . However the missus was even more enthusiastic than me, she loves the newly acquired '95. We can do (more or less) what we did before, but in armchair comfort without ending up covered in dust etc Great move buying the Toyota!
2018-02-18_14.00.45.jpg

2018-02-18_15.16.23.jpg

Well, that’s just great Geoff, what a place Cyprus is, beautiful by the looks of it.

How far is it from Nicosia to Paphos? Sounds impressive all offroad, does that mean dirt tracks or freestyle?

Nice photos too.... :thumbup:

Thanks everyone. Clive, not sure of his route but by road Nicosia to Paphos is approx 150Km sort of an L shape route. Offroad he will have come over the top of the Troodos mountain (snow last w/e) doing a diagonal to be a little more direct - but slower.

Moggy, plenty of 70's and 80's but not truly sure about 60's as I had not been a devout Toyota man. I am now though. I will try and find out for you.

Thanks everyone. Clive, not sure of his route but by road Nicosia to Paphos is approx 150Km sort of an L shape route. Offroad he will have come over the top of the Troodos mountain (snow last w/e) doing a diagonal to be a little more direct - but slower.

Moggy, plenty of 70's and 80's but not truly sure about 60's as I had not been a devout Toyota man. I am now though. I will try and find out for you.

Wow, that’s nice, 150 km offroad with mountains is significant :thumbup: Nice run I’d imagine...

I'm taking the missus to paphos for our wedding anniversary in May, so being the good husband I am was hoping to take her round some scrap yards looking for parts :)
That route looks interesting. I'm planning on hiring a buggy for a day so maybe thats a route we could look at:thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Do you know if the 60 was ever sold in Cyprus?

I know of 3 60's in Cyprus and thats just from glancing up peoples drives as we drive about on our annual visit. One has been for sale for 3 years and the guy wants 10k euros for it.

I know of 3 60's in Cyprus and thats just from glancing up peoples drives as we drive about on our annual visit. One has been for sale for 3 years and the guy wants 10k euros for it.
HaHa! Andy, that is for sale at a high price because his wife probably wants him to sell !! He overpriced it so he would not have to get rid!! :anguished::):)

Clive, 150KM is the L shaped road journey so the diagonal will be somewhat shorter I would imagine.

Moggy - PM me if you want some route suggestions.

Back