Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Our first Overland trip

StarCruiser

Supporter
Guru
Garage
Country Flag
uk
After having acquired a roof tent, fridge, jetboil and Coleman Stove and packed it all in the back of the cruiser, we are now officially in our first trip. :dance:
We are heading for the ferry and should be with it within the hour.
The truck is going well and despite us not actually packing the kitchen sink, I don't think we've forgotten anything.
More photos and updates in due course. :)

IMG_9905.JPG

Give us a clue to the destination ? or are you planning on just getting lost?

I have forgotten all sorts but the biggest tragedy was the time i forgot to bring a teaspoon :obscene-hanged:

Have a good trip mate looking forward to your updates :thumbup:

After having acquired a roof tent, fridge, jetboil and Coleman Stove and packed it all in the back of the cruiser, we are now officially in our first trip. :dance:
We are heading for the ferry and should be with it within the hour.
The truck is going well and despite us not actually packing the kitchen sink, I don't think we've forgotten anything.
More photos and updates in due course. :)

View attachment 108462
You've done it now, after my first overland trip I couldn't wait to get going again. Bon Voyage Rich.

Not Dudley again Rich, surely. So soon?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Have a great trip, don't forget we will want updates and PHOTOS :)

Got to the ferry in good time, we were soon on board.
IMG_9907.JPG

After a short voyage we neared land…
IMG_9906.JPG

Docking went smoothly and we were soon driving off.
IMG_9910.JPG

Last edited:
IMG_9912.JPG IMG_9918.JPG
Completely different terrain once we got off the other side. Haven't seen any wildlife yet though.
IMG_9928.JPG
Found a nice spot to put the roof tent up.

Last edited:
Take care Rich, foreigner's can be a bit .... err.... foreign sometimes....

I hope you have a translator with you....

Studland? I recognised the ferry too Stu. Never been on it though. I have to go over to Brownsea a couple of times a year and I stand there watching it going in and out.

Darzet ! Lovely, hope you have a great time.

IMG_9935.JPG

Glad we had the roof tent. There's clearly wildlife in these parts we need to be out the way of. Lynn spotted a wild rabbit last night, lurking in the bushes!! And you know how vicious those things can be…

hmmm strange ... I always thought bears lived in caves. They must be scared of those lurking rabbits.

hmmm strange ... I always thought bears lived in caves. They must be scared of those lurking rabbits.
Quite sure they are Reinhard, those rabbits can jump you know…nasty sharp teeth!!

Last edited:
Local accommodation seems pretty good for the bears.

IMG_9936.JPG
Off roading available…for some
IMG_9938.JPG
More of the locals
IMG_9939.JPG
Something steamy for the weekend…
IMG_9942.JPG IMG_9943.JPG
And a rather nice place to have breakfast
IMG_9944.JPG

Last edited:
Last of the great white hunters…

IMG_9945.JPG

This one clearly had far too much to drink last night…
IMG_9947.JPG

Last edited:
Are you planning on going further afield anytime soon?

We have an event in the purbecks next may, feel free to come along, (OS southern Meet)

We are based just down the road in Bournemouth, so if you, or anyone else in the area, (Bmth,Poole, Purbecks) let us know, happy to meet for a beer.

Enjoy your trip.

Back