Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Our rusty old 1988 FJ62 Build

Nomad Effect

Country Flag
united_states
Hey All,

As promised here's our build thread with what we're doing to the old girl to get her ready for the road and off it.

We're doing a video series on the whole thing as honestly I've learnt how to do everything we've done via Youtube.

I think there is a little bogan/redneck in everyone and I am not at all ashamed to say that the sound of a custom exhaust system is what really brings mine out.

Check how good this sounds!!

This one is bound to be a little controversial. I know it's sacrilege to modify the body but it's going to be so much stronger and easier to maintain.

We have had so many people ask us when we were going to address the rust on the rear quarter panels of our car.

This one is for you:

So this is probably the most real video I've made. I didn't cut out any of my mistakes and there were many.
For anyone looking to add Barn Doors/Ambulance Doors to their US spec FJ62, it is for sure doable without a ton of bodywork experience but it's not a quick job at all.

Just a little update this week. We did get one of those cool, cheap Chinese snorkels installed though:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back